My Professional/Writing Goals were:
1. Finish the primary source modernization project. I made substantial progress on this and finished on of the texts. I'm waiting for a green light from my co-editor and the director of the commissioning society regarding a technical issue before I start on the next.
2. Get drafts of two grant applications done. I have drafted one and was in the middle of drafting the second grant proposal when I heard the bad news that the funding on this particular grant had been pulled for the year and that there would be no competition in 2012. It was a bummer to hear, but it's something I don't have any control over. So I'm counting this one as a success on my part at least.
3. Continue working on chapter outlines for my book proposal. Yes. I have made some progress here so this one gets a check mark, too.
My Fitness/ Health Goals were:
1. Run 70 miles in February. Nope. I only ran 45 miles in February. In part this low mileage was due to an unexpected bout of tonsillitis that caused me to miss several runs, including a long run.
2. Maintain my food journal daily. I've done pretty well with this. I missed a few days mid month, but otherwise my calendar is pretty full of stickers. So this one was mostly accomplished this month.
3. Do more yoga. I had hoped to get in a couple of longer practices, but I haven't. I also haven't done as many short practices as I typically due. Again, in part, this is a result of being ill. It's also probably a consequence of not making time to do yoga when I probably need to do it most.
My Miscellaneous Goals were:
1. Take a photo every day for 365 project and create a collage. I've taken a photo most days but I've missed several. Because I'm pressed for time and really should grade papers instead of making a collage, I'm just going to share one photo from this month of the project with you.
2. Make time for friendships. I think I did pretty well with this one. I got in a number of work outs and a long run with my dear friend Suzie. I had coffee twice with dear friend L. I had phone conversations with two good friends who are far away. I also took this hockey-lovin' fool out to dinner on his birthday.
Even though I didn't get everything done I wanted to this month, it was a full and mostly good month for me. I made progress on projects. I had a confidence-building long run. I ate birthday cake with my hubs. How was your February? Did you run any races? Pass any big milestones? Eat any good cake?