Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Workout Wednesday 9/8

Wednesday: 4 mile run - Splits 10:55, 10:03, 10:16, 10:03 - I was trying to keep the pace under an 11 min/mile for the first mile and under 10:30 for the other 3.  Mission accomplished
Core work: 24 lunges, 85 crunches, 20 push ups, stretching
5 mile bike commute

Thursday: 3 mile treadmill run
Core work: 30 lunges, 90 crunches, 20 push ups, stretching

Friday: off

Saturday: 13 mile long run - Splits: 11:18, 11:03, 10:59, 11:17, 12:00, 11:35, 11:08, 11:01, 11:11, 11:51, 13:02, 11:37, 11:28- I was trying to keep my post around 11:30, and I did a pretty good job of it.  I definitely slowed down a lot on a couple of pretty steep hills, though.

Sunday: 45 minutes yoga - lots of lunging poses, so again this counts for the lunges challenge

Monday: 3 mile treadmill run (1 mile @11:30, 2 miles @10:00)
Core work: 20 lunges with bicep curls, 100 crunches, 20 push ups, stretching

Tuesday: off - I had intended to do yoga when I got home from campus, but since I forgot to bring my lunch and then didn't have a chance to grab anything until I had a pastry and a coffee at 3pm with a friend, I just wasn't feeling up for much of anything when I got home.  We were having crazy 50mph wind gusts, so no biking either.

All in all, not a bad week.  My runs on Wednesday and Saturday were especially enjoyable for me.  How was your work out week?

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the 13 miler! I'm finally comfortable at 10. I've been doing well with my runs the last few weeks, but I need to add another easy day or cross train. My mileage has been pretty low considering I have my first half of the season in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I think I'm exercising a lot, I read your posts and feel like I need to step it up. It's good though - I need that kind of motivation!

    I didn't exercise as much as I would've liked this week because of the holiday, but I had an awesome work-out before work this morning. I also signed up for a Biggest Loser contest at my gym yesterday since I'm at a serious plateau in my weight loss efforts, so I'm going to try to start varying my work-outs more in hopes that it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job girl! I love pushups. Way to go on the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice efforts this week! Yea, I think 50 mph winds would keep me off the bike as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I counted as a "run" tonight a 1/2-1 mile sprint with my dog. Though my goal was to tire him out, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to add I tried out my new Nike Free shoes. Can't wait to try them out on a longer run, my feet are so happy! Have you ever tried them? Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anne, it's all for the half-marathon and marathon that I'll be running in the next two months.

    @Tina, I haven't tried the Nike Frees. Nikes don't tend to fit my foot shape very well, so I haven't owned a pair for about a decade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.