Monday, November 8, 2010

Giveaway Sponsored by CSN Stores

Do you have a case of the Mondays?  Well, if you do, I have the perfect distraction from your Monday blues for you.  CSN Stores has kindly offered to give one lucky reader a $60 gift card to spend at any of their 200+ stores.  The options are practically endless; you could get anything from a new stool for your bar to a new yoga mat for your daily practice.
 There are three ways to enter this giveaway:

1. Leave a comment with a valid email address letting me know what you would spend the gift certificate on if you won this giveaway.

2. Leave a second comment telling me your favorite dish on your family's Thanksgiving table.

3. Tweet or blog about this giveaway and leave the link in a third comment.

This giveaway is open to US and Canadian readers only, and extra shipping costs may apply for Canadian addresses.  I'll close this giveaway next Monday (11/15)  at midnight (EDT) and announce the winner next Tuesday!  Good luck!

64 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love a giveaway, especially on a Monday! I'd probably buy something new for my kitchen - like a new pot or pan, since mine are pretty old and beaten up. Or perhaps some new bedding. There's too many options :)

    Here's my address: aeshepherd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a new handbag such as the Piel Fashion Avenue Bucket Bag.

    msgb245 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for Thanksgiving... when I was growing up, my absolute favorite dish was my aunt's cheesy potato casserole. They're so good, and she always made them special for me.

    Now that I cook my own Thanksgiving dinners, my favorite things to make are pumpkin soup and my apple sausage stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great giveaway - I would probably buy some dinnerware lol - all our plates are getting chipped :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also favorite Thanksgiving dish - curry goat (yeah - we didn't have Thanksgiving growing up in Jamaica). Other than that I like anything with sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a new handbag for the winter -- mine's too clunky.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd use this for a new duvet cover for my bed!

    misszippy1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Favorite dish at thanksgiving has to be pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would buy a step 2 wagon for my son
    jackoncrisman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cornbread dressing is my favorite part of thanksgiving
    jacksoncrisman@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am crazy for the cranberry sauce!

    ykatrina at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would buy a Melissa and Doug pasture pals set for my little girl.
    quitecontrary1977@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin pie! Glorious, decadent pumpkin pie!
    quitecontrary1977@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would buy this Calphalon Everyday pan.
    http://www.csnstores.com/Calphalon-JR1382P-CPH1046.html

    I've been eyeing this thing for several months now.

    polkadotbikershorts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I think my favorite dish on Thanksgiving would be...the greenbean casserole. I could eat tons of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in straight-up desperate need of some new bedding, thanks to ink stains that occurred during a failed all-nighter (I was also in need of a new face the next day, that got the bulk of the attack when I fell asleep ON my pen).

    CSN, help this grad student get better sleep under a non-ink stained comforter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. And my favorite dish on T-giving would HAVE to be the dressing. This specific kind can only be made by my grandmother who died last year. This will be my first T-giving without the possibility of showing up in SC and eating at least seven bowls full.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would use it to buy a new toybox for my boys bedroom.
    dgoodridge84@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite Thanksgiving food is stuffing.
    dgoodridge84@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would get a Bosu trainer. They are awesome for squats and pushups. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite thanksgiving dish is cranberry sauce. The real kind, slightly undercooked, so the cranberries pop in your mouth when you take a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i would buy a little colorado head board for my daughter.
    thanks!
    shenais
    divertida at fastmail dot fm

    ReplyDelete
  23. one of my favorite dishes is simple- sweet potatoes fries with plain yogurt dip.
    shenais
    divertida at fastmail dot fm

    ReplyDelete
  24. tweeted!
    http://twitter.com/mamipdx/status/2112279478800384
    shenais
    divertida at fastmail dot fm

    ReplyDelete
  25. fyi- i've been trying to sign up to follow with gfc but it is not allowing me to do so.
    ??
    shenais
    divertida at fastmail dot fm

    ReplyDelete
  26. I sooo need a waffle iron. And then I need pumpkin waffles. I

    ReplyDelete
  27. My mom's pineapple punch with orange juice, banana puree and 7-Up is my favorite!

    It has nothing to do with traditional Thanksgiving except that these special occasions are the only time she makes the punch.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would like to get something special for myself, like a new throw for the winter - my feet get cold when I curl up on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favourite Thanksgiving dish is mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/40somethngbride/status/2145077648433152

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would use it towards the purchase of a new lamp for the guest bedroom before the holiday guests arrive

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like one of those silly cuckoo clocks. It would make me smile daily.
    tiedyefrog (at) gmail (dot )com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love green bean casserole with crunchy fried onions on top!
    tiedyefrog (at) gmail

    ReplyDelete
  34. We need a BBQ cover for winter.
    Patty (and Jimbo)
    jvhoff50@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. My fave dish is stuffed mushrooms.
    Patty (and Jimbo)
    jvhoff50@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think a set of new towels would do the trick!
    jorossi(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  37. One of my most favorite dishes is pecan pie.
    jorossi(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I would love to get a rug for the kitchen. We've trampled ours flat!
    quarabr (at) gmail

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love to eat almost all foods at Thanksgiving, but stuffing is #1!
    quarabr (at) gmail

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great giveaway! jkaiser4 at fairview.org

    I would purchase a new dutch oven:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. My entire family loves my mopther's famous bread and hamburger stuffing!! Soooo gooood:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'd use it toward a guidecraft kitchen helper. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  43. We actually need new stools for our kitchen. But...I'd look at a bigger food processor because our small one doesn't cut it anymore. (running on my time mail (at) gmail...)

    ReplyDelete
  44. My favorite holiday dish is definitely a simple comfort food from when we didn't have much - just canned green beans and cream of mushroom soup, basically. But it's the same idea as Aurel's favorite above - green bean casserole with crunchy onions on top.

    With the winnings, I would get an electric kettle for my new office at Northwestern (hooray for offices!) so that I can have tea with my students during office hours, and with the remainder, I would get a doormat (one of the great coconut fiber ones in contemporary designs) so that I don't have to sweep my apartment every day as the weather in Chicago tanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. So much to choose from!! I would go for something for my "NEW" patio. Probably a firepit or some type of outdoor heating. We just (My DH & I did it) put in a new Pavestone Patio, so we're really excited about "decorating" it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love all things "Thanksgiving". Don't really have a favorite dish, but just love getting together with our friends. We live out of town, so don't make it home for Thanksgiving. But we get together each year with our friends who are also from out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  47. With this I would finish my Christmas shopping.
    karenb1961(at)gmail(dot)

    ReplyDelete
  48. A favourite on our Thanksgiving table is a Sweet Potato dish; Sliced sweet potate layered with onion and apple, sprinkled with chili powder and drizzled with maple syrup.
    karenb1961(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I would buy the Kawasaki 16" bike for my daughter!
    sazzyfrazz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Our favorite dish is Sweet Potato pie!
    sazzyfrazz at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Maybe I would get a new blender for our smoothies.
    bincrazed(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  52. My favorite Thanksgiving dish is turkey skin. Oh, that's not a dish? :-)
    bincrazed(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  53. If I were to win I would like to put some of it towards some paintable beadboard wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  54. One of my favorite dishes on the thanksgiving table is the sweet potatoes with melted mini marshmallows on top. They make Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I'd get the emile henry bake for the cause pink pie dish :)

    deeg131 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love sweet potatoes with marshmallows! :)

    deeg131 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. deeg131 at gmail dot com

    shared on fb as Dee G. thanks!

    http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=101673666570680&id=1449584700

    ReplyDelete
  58. I would get a new hamper.

    hewella1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love my aunt's ham.

    hewella1 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.