In the - column this week:
- On Sunday night (my last night in San Antonio) I got violently and repeatedly sick.
- On Monday morning I was no longer vomiting, but I was congested and feeling very weak, and I had to fly and then spend two hours in the car to get home.
- This past week I've been feeling blah and easily exhausted. I taught my classes and graded stacks of papers, but I did not work out, cook, clean, or work on my article.
In the + column this week:
+ A colleague who I met once in the archives in Seville, Spain asked me if I would be interested in joining a conference panel because of the research that I do. I ended up saying yes, and I still need to finish writing my paper abstract today, but it looks like I'll be presenting at a conference next summer in Seattle. I'm excited about the panel and about visiting Seattle for the first time!
+ I finally felt well enough yesterday to join a good friend for a day in the Twin Cities. We had lunch (yummy soup and bread and a pumpkin bar), went to the Nordic Lights Film Festival and saw two documentaries, did some shopping, had a coffee, and went to Trader Joe's before heading home. It was a lovely day, and I feel very lucky to have such a good friend here to do things with.
+ A couple of weeks ago I joined the local Y. I hadn't gone all week because of illness, but I went this morning. It felt so good to lift weights and to do 25 minutes of cardio.
+ My hubs and I have a Harry Potter date planned for later today! Accio movie tickets!
How was your week? I hope there were more pluses than minuses and that you're staying healthy going into this holiday week!
Glad the illness was relatively short lived. No fun!
ReplyDeleteWe saw a movie at a theater for the first time in ages last weekend to see inception. Of course we went to the dollar movies thoug...but movie dates are fun!
That bug you had sounds awful. And flying when you aren't feeling 100%? Yuck. Not fun. :( Glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteMy - for the week was that my boyfriend was sick as as dog all week so we didn't see each other all week.
My + was that I miraculously did not catch this bug even though I was around him when he first came down with it so I was definitely exposed. Hooray for my immune system coming through for me!
We have a great local theatre chain here, Laemmle, where we get to see all the indies/docs. We love it! They do tons of free screenings too. So fun!
ReplyDeleteSeems like the stomach flu was going around, blech! Glad it skipped me, and glad you're feeling better.
Oh that sounds miserable, especially having to travel like that! Hope you are all better now.
ReplyDeleteWhew, hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you are since you made it to the gym. My week has been good. Very busy at work and then prepping for my friend to visit this weekend took a lot. I'm happily lounging on the couch this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteBoo for being violently ill! But yay for presenting in Seattle! I've never been, but fell in love with the West coast when I visited Oregon last March. The Y sounds pretty awesome too. I love having a place to go to and work out, especially when the weather gets cold.
ReplyDeleteHope you're feeling 100% soon!
Sorry to hear you were sick - hope you're feeling much better by now! I've definitely been trying to remind myself of all the positives in the face of some negatives this week but it's difficult at times :)
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Seattle either, but have friends who moved there and totally love it. I think the drizzly, gray days they have might get to me after a while though.