This past week of marathon training was about being prepared for things not to go as planned. Conferences are great for presenting research, connecting with old friends over drinks, and meeting new ones, but they aren't really conducive to getting in lots of miles or quality training. So I was pretty happy that I only missed one planned mile this week.
Week 6
Monday - scheduled 4 miles easy. Actual 4.35 miles at an easy pace with my group. It was good to keep it nice and easy and sort of resettle in after a half-marathon experience that was a bit bruising in both body and spirit.
Tuesday - scheduled 0 miles - active rest. Actual bike commute. I live about 3 miles from campus office, so I rode my bike to and fro.
Wednesday - scheduled 15 miles LSD. Actual 15.13 miles. I ran just over 10 on my own and then a new running friend Jana of Running Vegetarian joined me for my final 5. It was great to have the company in those last few miles.
Thursday - scheduled 0 miles - rest. Actual walked a fair amount around downtown Seattle, including hiking up and down the hill to my hotel four times.
Friday - scheduled 4-6 miles easy. Actual 3 miles on the treadmill in the hotel fitness center. I wanted to make an 8:30 am panel, and I knew that if I went out for my run it would take me longer than just a quick run on the 'mill.
Saturday - scheduled 0 miles - rest. Actual rest.
Sunday - scheduled 4-6 miles easy. Actual 4 miles down the hill from my hotel and along the water to Olympic Sculpture Park and back. During one stretch I had to play frogger and weave my way in and out of the foot traffic coming off of this cruise ship.
Coming up next for Week 7:
Monday - scheduled 0 miles - active rest.
Tuesday - scheduled 4 miles fast.
Wednesday - scheduled 4 miles easy.
Thursday - scheduled 6 miles easy.
Friday - scheduled 0 miles - active rest.
Saturday - scheduled 16 miles LSD.
Sunday - scheduled 0 miles - rest.
WOW! You are seriously impressive. I would die at about mile 3, just saying. You rock.
ReplyDeleteImpressive how even with travel you managed to meet/beat most of your goals! Playing live frogger sucks, but thanks for the visual! haha! =)
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you stuck to your plan for the most part. That's always hard when you are away.
ReplyDeleteNice work! Esp considering the fact that you were traveling for that conference! So you are now 1/3 of the way through training, right?
ReplyDelete