While in Seattle last week, I spent a fair amount of time walking around Pike's Place Market. Since my hotel was only about a 15 minute walk away, I ate lunch there twice, indulging in fresh seafood and other market goodies. I also stood in a long but swiftly moving line for a cup of coffee from the original Starbucks.
Love these pics...reminds me that I need to be a tourist in my own city sometimes and get down to that market!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED Pike's market when I was there last October on my marathon trip. The seafood was mouth watering. My brother and his wife are there this weekend for a long weekend and they got an apt so they could cook some of the wonderful seafood!
ReplyDeleteI also went to the original starbucks for a latte. The barristas were so good and so entertaining!
Nom nom nom, I want some of those lobster tails! How gorgeous =)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVEd Pike's Place Market (and all of Seattle for that matter). I know it's become a complete tourist trap, but it would be so fun to get to have the chance to shop there on a regular basis for fresh produce. Yum.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! And about your last post, I agree. Academic writing and marathon running have a lot of similarities. Both require a plan. Both require endurance that sometimes become pretty painful. Both require having to deal with failure sometimes. Both require concrete goals and regularity. Both are HARD but very rewarding!
ReplyDeletemmm...lobster! can't quite do the whole oyster thing, though. haha!
ReplyDelete