|Before running a Halloween 5K Fun Run last October with running buddies|
So without further ado, here are my goals for the month.
- Maintain my food journal every day for the month of October. - If I succeed in this, I will reward myself with a hair cut and color in early November.
- Be active for at least 30 minutes at least 5 days each week in October. Hopefully, in another week or so I'll be able to ease back into running, but until then I need to stop using all of the time that I would normally spend running grading papers, writing lecture notes, or reading blogs. I need to continue cycling when possible and hit the gym more. I'm also considering joining a local yoga studio this coming month.
- Try at least one new healthy recipe this month and do at least one food post here on the blog. We all know that I am no food blogger, but I would like to get better at taking photos of food and the only way to do that is to practice.
- Finish writing and present a conference paper. I have firm deadlines on this obviously, but I'm still listing it. I'll be presenting what I have to a research group at my institution on the 12th, so the goal is to have a complete outline and at least 6 pages of text by then. After I get some feedback from them, I'll finish and edit the paper. Ultimately, the goal will be to turn this research into part of a journal article, so I'm looking forward to getting feedback at the conference, as well.
- Make progress on revising an article for publication. Spent at least one hour 3 days a week on this project. When I have submitted this article to a journal, I can start looking into getting a new Garmin to replace mine that died.
- Look into funding opportunities for a summer research trip to the archives. Get a basic grant proposal together and apply for any applicable grants that are due in October or early November.
What are your October goals? Do you have an A race that you will be running this month? Any writing projects you hope to start or finish? I'd love to hear what's on your agenda for the month!