Saturday, December 3, 2011

HBBC Log Week 2 and Half-Marathon Registration

I had a pretty good second week of the Holiday Booty Buster Challenge, earning a total of 20 points.  For some reason, it seems harder to eat as many fruits and veggies in the winter, so I typically end up with only 5 servings. This next week I plan to try to make a concentrated effort to get in another couple of servings of fruits and veggies most days.

November 26: 0 points.

November 27: 5 points.
- I ran 4 miles.
- I did 20 minutes of yoga.

November 28: 4 points.
- I ran 3 miles.
- I walked for 20 minutes.

November 29: 5 points.
- I lifted weights for 30 minutes.
- I did 30 minutes on the stair master.
- I walked for 20 minutes.
- I bowled with the student organization I advise.

November 30: 1 point.
- I walked 20 minutes.

December 1: 4 points.
- I ran 3 miles.
- I did 20 minutes of walking.

December 2: 1 point.
- I did 20 minutes of walking.

I have also registered for the Twin Cities Get Lucky Half-Marathon! I'm really excited for this race because it takes place on my birthday and because a number of people who I run with on Saturdays will be doing this race. My awesome friend Lisa has told me that she also plans to register. It should be some fun times!

12 comments:

  1. Good work! I'm nominating one day a week where I'm making a concerted effort to hit the 7 portions mark. Otherwise I tend to average four or five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job this week. I need to get my recap posted. Oh, I'm registered for the Get Lucky Triple 7K, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go. I need to get my weight lifting in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I as really excited to do that half with you!  If you come up the night before (which I assume you will), we will have to carb load together.  :) 

    I have done so few workouts lately.  I just can't seem to stay healthy.  I got the stomach flu yesterday so now I am just trying to get back to eating.  I am hoping to run on Monday.  It will be good to be back on a training plan for the half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's great that you are signed up for a 1/2--something to look forward to, especially if your friend joins you. I love figuring out next year's race plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Seems like this new template for logging your activities is working really well. Good for you registering for the half, goals are so important in the road to success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!  Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great week! I really have to focus on eating all 7 portions. I didn't imagine it would be as challenging as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joannaruns.blogspot.comDecember 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

    Nice job on the points this week! The challenge is motivating me, but I keep forgetting to update the spreadsheet on time. Better late than never I guess? 

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're disciplined! It's great to have a run scheduled for fairly early in the New Year, I think. I like the motivation for keeping me moving on those days I'm tempted to hibernate. My sisters and I are doing the Vancouver First Half in February.
    I'm curious to know how you get around (or through!) all the snow and cold -- we do get stretches of winter weather, but usually get a break after two weeks or so. 

    ReplyDelete
  11. The secret to winter vegetable consumption: soup and lots of it!  Great week of exercise, my dear--keep up the momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 20 points is good! I found that buying a 10 lb sack of mandarins and eating 7 or 10 of them a day will help you with your 7 servings! Also, if you put raisins in your cookies, you will be fine. That half sounds great! As you know, I am supposed to plan one per month next year...maybe this could be one! So you were born on St. Pats!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.