Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adios Disqus

Just a quick note to let you know that I have switched from Disqus back to Blogger comments. I had never been entirely happy with Disqus. It takes a long time to load for some people. I know that it is blocked at some people's office places. However, Disqus allowed readers to reply directly to each other and allowed me to reply to them. I hate scrolling through lots of comments to see if a blogger has replied to a question I've asked or a comment I've left. Now that Blogger has a reply feature, I felt that it was time to make the switch back to Blogger comments.

Removing Disqus does mean that the order of comments on my older posts is a bit screwy, and I hope that you'll forgive any kinks in the system over here over the next week or so.

9 comments:

  1. Glad for the update! Really happy that Blogger offers the reply option now, it's so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, Blogger has a reply option now? How did this slip by me unnoticed?

    Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very new. I think you may have to use embedded comments to get it to work, as well, but I didn't look too carefully to make sure of that.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't noticed the Blogger reply option either. Thanks for the headsup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I had no idea this was a new option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...I've had lots of trouble commenting on blogger blogs over the past few days. Very frustrating. I hope you can avoid any issues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger has a reply feature? Cool! And about time! As you know, I have one of those offices where Disqus is blocked, so I don't get to comment as much as I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know that blogger had a reply feature! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to get rid of Disqus, but I cannot get all of my comments to sync back with blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.