Monday, June 28, 2010

New Camera

I've been eyeing DSLR cameras for months, but the purchase of one wasn't really in my budget.  When my husband picked me up from my dissertation defense, he handed me flowers and a card and asked me if I wanted to go to Target to get my camera.  I was flabbergasted!  Then it turned out that Target only had the camera that he was buying me for sale online, so we had to wait for its arrival via UPS.  They finally attempted to deliver it at a time when we were actually home, this afternoon.  If I hadn't been in the middle of spooning home-made Trapanese pesto out of my food processor, I would have signed for it and then high-fived the UPS delivery person.  Oh, well.  At least I have an awesome new camera, even if I haven't had a chance to cross high-fiving the UPS guy off my bucket list.

The battery is charging now, and I'm sure there'll be a bit of a learning curve, but I'm really thrilled about this camera.  Many, many thanks to my wonderful husband!*  I'll probably spend the evening perusing the user's manual.  Hopefully, I'll have some good shots to share on both blogs soon!

*Edit: My husband informs me that this is also a gift from his lovely parents, sister, and brother-in-law.  Many thanks to G., W., J., and D!

3 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a nice camera! You will have to take lots of pictures for your blog:) Have fun with your new toy:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.