After looking at the calendar and realizing that it probably wasn't a good idea to travel for a race the weekend before the start of classes at my new institution, I reevaluated my plans for an August half-marathon. Since I hadn't actually registered or made travel plans yet for the race I had been planning to run that weekend, it was no real loss. Also it doesn't help that I spent a lot of time doing things like this:
instead of running in Italy.
I did, however, just register for the Mankato Half-Marathon on October 23rd. I'm also considering registering for the Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon in November, but first I need to price flights and make sure that I can stay with my little sister and her husband who live in San Antonio. Picking out races and nailing down training schedules makes me ridiculously happy! After we get through the move this week and after I determine whether it'll be a half or a full in November, I'll decide on a training plan.
What racing events do you have scheduled for the rest of the year? I'm no expert on picking training programs, so I'd love to hear how you pick yours!
Got a half on the calendar for October 30th and a full for December 5th! Not specifically training for the half. It'll probably just be my long training run for my marathon training schedule for that week.
ReplyDeleteI'm using the same marathon training schedule that a friend of mine used before the MCM last year--the Hal Higdon novice. Looks doable. Well, as doable as any marathon training plan can look.
Way to pick two half marathons for the fall:) My problem in the past has been signing up for too many.
ReplyDeleteOkay, Mankato....Mankato, Minnesota? If you are talking about Mankato, Minnesota it makes me curious about where you live:)
My second broadcast job was at KTOE/KDOG radio:)
Good luck with the rest of your racing season.
When I was training for my marathon I was using Hal Higdon's intermediate. I picked this one because of all of the halfs that I have already run:) A few people in my running group are suggesting a couple other programs that only have three runs a week scheduled. It sparks my interest because it would be easier on my body:)
I'm holding out for the Houston Marathon in January, IF I can get in through the lottery. I am pretty sure I'm doing San Antonio too - probably the half, as I haven't even thought about training yet. If we both do it, we should have a meet up!
ReplyDelete@Chrissy, I hope you get through the Houston lottery system! We should definitely meet up in SA if we're both there!
ReplyDeleteMy criteria? Have to be within driving distance. Flying to races just isn't something I want to do nor care to spend money on. I've got two kids anyways so all my money gets spent on them :)
ReplyDeleteYay for signing up for the half!! I love the feeling of being registered. Makes me feel committed to it since I've already put in the $$. I'm certainly not an expert on picking training plans so I'll leave that to more experienced runners!
ReplyDelete