- Moving sucks. I'm having a hard time letting myself have the cry that I know that I need to have about it, though. I think that may be making it even harder. And poor Bailey seems so discombobulated by all the movement and boxes. I hope that this is a smooth transition for her!
- Revising, while packing, sucks.
- I'm behind on my training schedule for my August half-marathon. I don't doubt that I can finish it, but I'd really like to have a decent (for me) time. I was supposed to run 8 miles this morning, but it turned into the slowest 4 mile run ever.
In the + column:
+ Just a few days ago, I was still in Rome. While I was in Italy, I had such an amazing time. I ate so much good food, drank so much good wine, spent so much time walking around with and chatting with my husband, and felt more relaxed than I've felt in ages.
+ My dear friend (and co-blogger on my other blog) is hosting a Star Trek party tonight, and I'll be making an appearance. I know I'm a geek, but I love me some Captain Picard.
+ M. and I are having brunch twice this weekend at my two favorite brunch places here. Brunch is my favorite meal, and if I could I would eat brunch everyday. We're going to one brunch with a couple of girlfriends and the other with a couple of friends of ours who celebrated their one year wedding anniversary while we were out of town.
I hope your having a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Any fun plans? Any long runs on the docket?
You are right...moving absolutely sucks! Hope it goes as quickly and easily as possible!
ReplyDeleteI am in complete agreement that moving sucks - I keep saying that if I make another move it's going to have to be a big one meaning to another country :)
ReplyDeleteHope your actual move is as painless as possible and everything goes smoothly! I'm sure Bailey will be fine - dogs are very adaptable. Ours has lived in 4 different homes with us as well as through a long, excruciating renovation for the past 2 years and she managed quite nicely (although was not happy at all having people in and out of "her" house all the time during the renovations - haha!).
I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time with the move! If you need any help (or even just a playmate for Bailey), let me know! :) Chin up!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the move! Moving is always stressful...hopefully your's will go smoothly:) Love the pictures of you in Rome...I am digging your sunglasses too! Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI agree too, moving is awful, and I hope I never have to do it again unless of course I win the lottery and then I can pay movers :) I love your +/- posts...great idea.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments on my blog...I've added yours to my reader.
My exercise and writing goals have taken a nose dive as well (mostly due to the puppy, which means I can't complain!). I hope things calm down for you soon. In the meantime, keep reliving those Italy memories! It sounds like it was a perfect trip.
ReplyDeleteI love brunch too and don't get to have it nearly enough! Rome looks beautiful--I'm sure it was hard to come back.
ReplyDelete