Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eating Local: Northstar is My Compass

One of my favorite restaurants in Columbus, OH is Northstar.  It was one of the places that I missed the most when I lived in Spain and one of the places that I'll greatly miss again when I move here in a few short weeks.  I love their coffee, their brunch menu, their sweet basil burrito, their mojitos, their commitment to local and organic food.  I usually eat there four or five times a month.  It has long been the default Sunday brunch place for my husband and me.  I often end up there for a dinner every few weeks with some of my girlfriends. 


Their customer service is excellent.  I've never encountered an unfriendly employee of the restaurant.  Once my husband and I ordered some carry-out and they messed up his order.  When he got home, he realized that instead of a burger they had given him a veggie burger.  A quick phone call and fifteen minutes later, and an employee was at our door with the correct order and a couple of vouchers for free entrees.  (I ate the veggie burger that they had accidentally given him for lunch the next day.)

While their menu isn't the most expansive, everything that I've had (and I've had pretty much everything after being a regular patron for years) is delicious, fresh, and arrives at the right temperature.  And that's why I'm going for breakfast there tomorrow.

Do you have a favorite restaurant in your city or town?  What keeps you going back to it over and over again?

2 comments:

  1. The Urban Skillet (in German Village) is definitely my favorite brunch spot. Can you say shredded apple and farmer's cheese hotcakes with rum raisin syrup? yummmm. Ok, what is your #1 recommended Northstar dinner entree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like sweet breakfasts, but that sounds pretty good.

    My #1 recommended dinner entree is the sweet basil burrito, but I also really love the chicken & avocado sandwich and the bbq chicken flatbread.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.