Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekly +/- IV

In the - column:

- Even though I've logged a lot of hours of work (for summer and considering other things going on) the past couple of days, it seems like I'm slogging through these revisions at a ridiculously slow pace.

- I still haven't had a chance to get to the Apple store to see if they can fix my ipod.

- Boden is having a sale and my budget doesn't allow me to purchase any clothing right now.  It stinks being unemployed for the summer.

- In a related budgetary issue, I had to pay for unsubsidized student health insurance for both my spouse and myself for the summer, and if we didn't have some savings because of our choice to have a small wedding in January instead of a big wedding in June, I would still be feeling sick with worry.

In the + column:

+ My awesome husband passed his PhD defense!  We went out to dinner and then met up with friends to see fourth of July fireworks and have a drink to celebrate it.

+ I've been playing with my new DSLR and am starting to feel a bit more comfortable with its weight and all its bells and whistles. 

+ I set out my writing goals and then talked to my dissertation supervisor, who also happens to be the person I am co-editing a manuscript with and he doesn't mind if the deadline gets pressed back.  I will work an hour here and there on it as I can, but that will give me more time to pack for Italy and then for the move. 

+ I ran 7 miles today and did it without having to take any walk breaks.  It's my longest run since March, and I'm feeling pretty good about my half-marathon in August at this point. 

+ We only have a few more days until we leave for our honeymoon!  I'm so excited!  I'm also very grateful that a friend of ours has agreed to housesit for us while we're gone.

I hope you're having a wonderful (and safe) holiday weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesom job on your 7 mile run! Oh my gooness, you have just a few days before you leave on your honeymoon! You must take pictures and share in your blog!

    Thank you for your kind comments...I appreciate them:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.