Considering I arrived home late last Tuesday night horribly jet lagged and that we are in the midst of the move, this past week has been pretty good.
Wednesday: Yoga - Vinyasa Class
Thursday: 2.4 mile run with A
Friday: Yoga - Vinyasa Class
Saturday: 4 mile run (this was supposed to be my long run and it should have been 7-8 miles, but it turned into half that)
Sunday: 2.75 mile interval run w/ two short walk breaks for recovery
Monday: off
Tuesday: off - loading our moving trailer and beginning the process of cleaning the house out
I'm proud of myself for working out at all considering we had a week and half a day between the time we got home from our honeymoon and the time we had to be on the road to our new home across the prairie. As always happens with moves, I have scrapes and bruises on my arms, legs, hips and hands. They should have just enough time to heal for me to get new ones when ABF delivers our furniture and other worldy possessions on the other side of this move.
My best workouts of the week were the two yoga classes. Mentally and emotionally, I was able to ground myself a lot more in those practices than I was in my runs these past few days. Somehow I could approach yoga with a sense of play that I couldn't carry over into my running this week. I even had fun in poses that are really challening/currently not possible for me to execute. My favorite pose this week was Dhanurasana (bow pose).
What's your favorite yoga pose? What was your best workout of the past week?
Great job on getting your workouts in during a very busy week!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteGreat job this week...I know how it is to try and get the workouts in with all the craziness in life! Kudos to you for making it happen! Your comments about yoga and clarity are encouraging me to add yoga to my workout routine!
I attempted Yoga once. Yes, I said once:) It didn't go well...it was harder than hell and I never tried it again. I was in my younger 20's and it wasn't doing anything for me. I would love to try it again and see if my opinion would change:) Nice job with the training.
ReplyDelete