Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekly +/- VIII

In the - column:

- My ipod is still broken....

- I have blisters.  I got two of them treking around campus looking for my bike lock key and a third during my long run yesterday.

- I have had to spend way more time than I would have liked running errands this past week.  Fortunately, I think and fervently hope that this next week will be the tipping point, and I won't have any more parking permits or keys to acquire or driving tests to take or orientations to go to after the week is over. 

In the + column:

+ I have some super nice colleagues.  A pleasant working environment is such a wonderful thing.

+ Another week of marathon training is in the books.  I've been sticking to doing yoga a couple of times a week, and I added the lunges challenge this week as well.  Right now I'm feeling like I'm doing a good job of getting my work outs in, and I hope this pattern continues.

+ Our dishes finally came on Thursday.  I had to call Bed Bath & Beyond to find out why the order hadn't been processed when it had been made almost two weeks before.  Apparently, the dishes were in some sort of order limbo.  The situation was rectified and they upgraded the shipping for free so we wouldn't have to wait any longer.

+ Yesterday my husband informed me that he was taking me on a date.  We went out to a nice little local Italian restaurant.  We had really yummy food, a decadent semifreddo for dessert, and good wine.  It was the first time we'd been out for dinner since the move.

+ I drove to the Twin Cities this morning to meet up with some fabulous fellow (style) bloggers for brunch and some thrift store perusing.  It was awesome to meet some of my favorite bloggers in person and get to know them a bit better!  On my way home I stopped at Trader Joe's to stock up on a few of my favorite lunch items.  All in all, a very fine Sunday.

How has your week been?  What did you do this weekend?    

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like plenty of plusses! I love Trader Joe's--what would we do without them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a great weekend!! ~Hope your week is just as fantastic ~Heather ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.