Although I've only been able to bike to campus once this week due to the holiday and crazy wind gusting weather and although I have a perfectly serviceable bike (it's a 21 speed mountain bike), I have been seriously coveting a Schwinn Hybrid or a Schwinn Urban Bike, like this one:
I definitely can't afford a new bike right now, and I can't really justify a second one. In my fantasy world, though, I have a cruiser and a bike like this one. Wouldn't one of these commuter bikes be fabulous to own for cycling about campus and to happy hours and the farmers' market?

I feel your pain - I'm having bike lust too! Want a hybrid AND a pink Hello Kitty cruiser. :0)
ReplyDeleteReally, who wouldn't want a pink HK cruiser?!?!
ReplyDeleteI can see where a bike like this would be handy for urban duty
ReplyDeleteI looked at and test-rode the Schwinn hybrid when I got my bike and ultimately went with the commuter/comfort model instead of the hybrid (my bike looks almost exactly like the one in your photo, except the tires are thicker). I'm now thinking that I probably made the wrong decision due to all the hills we have! If you have many hills, I'd say a hybrid is likely a good decision.
ReplyDeleteI love my bike as far as comfort and carrying capacity, but even though it's also a 21 speed, it just doesn't handle well on hills - and we have a LOT of hills :) When I rode the hybrid before, it had been awhile since I'd ridden a bike and to me it felt too much like a road bike with the thin tires - I was scared I'd fall off any second! Now that I've ridden more I think I want to give it another try.
That is a nice bike I have a schwinn cruiser in a seafoam green color and my husband got me the cutest wicker basket for the front and a gorgeous brown leather seat...although now I am in the country and mountains...the only way I can ride it is if I get it loaded onto the car and cart it some where to ride. When we lived in Miami though I rode it everywhere I had many wonderful adventures on that bike....This looks like it would be a great bike to take on an adventure ;D ~Heather
ReplyDeleteI really like your bike! I am still looking for a bike:) It has been frustrating...so many choices and I am clueless! I totally get the whole price issue too, they are so expensive! Good luck:)
ReplyDelete