In the - column this week:
- I'm not where I hoped to be with some of my writing goals at this point in the month. I've accomplished two of my five goals, but they were the easiest ones. And this upcoming week looks to be an even-busier than normal one because of meetings.... Because of the busyness, I was writing a lecture at 9:00 on a Saturday night. Meh.
- The weather was weird this week. Heavy winds and rain kept me off my bike, and I definitely missed pedaling my way to campus. The weather also compelled my friend S. and me to postpone the run we planned to do together on Thursday to next week.
- I didn't have the best of long runs this morning. I forgot my Garmin, and I was just not really mentally in the zone. I almost stepped on a toad around mile two, and that threw me off even more. Sorry, little guy!
In the + column:
+ Friday evening I went out with some girlfriends, and we had a blast. I hadn't really intended to drink very much or stay out very late, but we were laughing and chatting. I completely lost track of time. Before I knew it, I'd had 5 glasses of wine and it was almost midnight. So I decided to do my long run today instead of on Saturday morning.
+ My doctoral diploma arrived, and I went and bought a frame for it. This afternoon I'm going to hang it in my home office.
+ Yesterday my husband and I met up with a friend of ours to go to the local Pride Parade and Festival. It was a pretty small event, but I was glad that there was one here. I also have an unending love of fair and festival food, so it was with great glee that I discovered ridiculously giant pickles were part of the available fare.
+ My Sooners were victorious again. After the festival, M. and I came home, and I watched the game and drank a couple of a beers.
+ Although I might not have had the best long run today, I did run a really gorgeous route. I'm thankful that there are such beautiful places so near me.
How was your week? Where do you do most of your running/walking/cycling?
Yuck on that wind! It is the worst of the elements, don't you think? Glad you now have a framed doctorate diploma--that's something to show with pride! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are amazing! I'm going to have to do more running outside around here! Well, plus I just simply need to do more running. :)
ReplyDeleteThat pickled looks yummy! I've almost stepped on a toad recently too. It certainly throws you off!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, the toad was cute and I'm very glad you didn't smoosh him. The pickle scares me--just a visceral reaction, I guess. Glad it was good but I'm with M. on giving you grief about it ;)
ReplyDeletebeautiful trail you have to run on!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great group of pluses! :) Sorry I so behind on my blog reading, but congrats on a great week! Just look at all you have accomplished: a great hubby, a newly minted PhD to hang on the wall, and you GET to write a lecture for your own class. You sure are inspirational, girl! :)
ReplyDeleteoooh, what beautiful photos of your route, I am so jealous. I had the BEST running routes in Munich last year and now that I'm back in the Midwest, I'm still looking to find some good ones. I hate just running through city streets or through neighborhoods.
ReplyDeleteAnd I also really needed to comment on the fact that you got your diploma - the actual physical thing - yay! I'm sure that makes it seem all the more real! Congrats!