In the - column:
- There are just never enough hours in a day to get done all the things that I want to and sometimes all that I need to.
- I'm learning that teaching an 8am class twice a week means that I have to run in the afternoons on those days. It also means having to force myself to go to bed at least half an hour earlier than I usually do. 5:30 comes early, and yes I need that 2.5 hours to take Bailey out, drink coffee, eat breakfast, shower, get dressed, drink more coffee, bike into campus, and print out my lecture notes and class prep back-ups because I have had the technology fail on me in all three of my classrooms already this semester.
- I forgot to buy ice so I didn't have any for an ice bath after my 13-miler yesterday. I was planning on taking an ice bath for my long runs of 13+ miles in the hopes of alleviating some of the soreness that follows them.
In the + column:
+ I love getting things in the mail that aren't bills, and I received two packages in the mail this week. One was a piece of Wendy Brandes jewelry that I had been wanting for a long time. I used some of the money that my in-laws sent me for graduation to buy it for myself. It is amazing, and I plan to wear it multiple times this next week.
+ The cooler temperatures this week have made running and cycling even more enjoyable! I loved that I actually felt a bit cold when I started out on my long run yesterday.
+ The college football season has begun, and my Oklahoma Sooners won their opening game last night. 800 wins, baby! I love having games on all day Saturday and watching even if I don't have strong feelings about either team.
+ Yesterday was a fantastic day. I got up early and hit the trails for 13 miles. Since I was out of my normal Shot Bloks, I tried eating a few Gummy Worms at miles 4 and 9 as fuel. That with G2 seemed to be a good combo for me. Then I came home, and M whipped up some of his amazing pancakes and I made scrambled eggs with parsley and feta. I spent yesterday afternoon on the couch with football on and September issues of fashion magazines in hand for the commercial breaks.
+ My husband is awesome. He makes me pancakes after my long runs. He challenges me in Wordscraper. He supports my projects, including my blogs, and listens to me talk about running even though he has no interest in it. He puts up with my crushes on Veronica Mars and Sayid Jarrah. He makes me laugh. I appreciate him a lot and I don't tell him enough that I still have a crush on him, too.
How has your week been? What's in your plus column this week?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThere are never enough hours in the day! Great job on the long run. Scrambled eggs with feta (and spinach) are my favorite, but those pancakes look wonderful! What a great day!
ReplyDeleteYay for a crush-worthy husband (& pancakes)! Congrats on 13 miles :)
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog (via comment on Running on My Time). Great job on your 13 mile run and those pancakes look like they are well worth that mileage!:) The cool temps have been great this weekend around my home and yes, I spent a few hours watching college ball on Saturday. I love college football and my awesome UF Gators. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWow great job on running all those miles and it sounds like you have a fantastic hubby there!! No wonder you still have a crush on him!! Who knew gummy bears hold so much power hehehe ~Hope you have a wonderfully productive week ~Heather
ReplyDeleteI fill two large plastic bowls w/ice and freeze them, but you might not have room in your freezer like I do.
ReplyDeleteBet those were good pancakes!
Yum, i love blueberry pancakes! How sweet of your man.
ReplyDeletethere never are enough hours. we just have to do with the time we have.
ReplyDeletebrrr ice bath! ouch. i have never tried one but will be doing one on sunday after my 19 miler. im cold just thinking about it
Aw, you and your husband are SO adorable.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the long run!!