Well, October wasn't such a great month for me in terms of meeting my goals....
My fitness goals were run 140 miles, finish my half-marathon and do it under 2:20, do core work 3 times a week, continue to commute by bike at least once a week, and to stretch or do yoga after every run.
I only ran 85 miles in the month of October. There were many reasons for this: flooding, illness, long hours that made mid-week runs a real challenge to get in, etc. I could have done better, but there are only so many hours in the day. I finished my half-marathon, although I didn't do it in under 2:20. I did do pretty well with the core work and the biking as weather and daylight permitted, and I stretched after every run.
My writing goals for the month were:
Finish the co-edited manuscript project ✔- I was working on this project, but then it went into limbo while waiting for a decision on formatting from the publisher. Since it is one of those issues that will create a lot of extra work if it has to be redone, my co-editor and I agreed that we would not move forward until we hear back.
Write my research talk ✔ I did this and gave my research talk. Now I'm working on further developing it into an article.
Revise and resubmit a journal article for publication - Again, I didn't get to this goal at all.
Write the syllabi for my two new classes for spring semester ✔- I got one syllabus done, but the other still needs a lot of work.
It looks like three of my four writing goals will be carrying over in some fashion next month. I know where I want to go, but I'm going to have another deluge of student work to grade this month, so I'll need to manage my time carefully. I'll post my fitness and writing goals for November tomorrow or Tuesday. Now I'm off to eat some Halloween candy!
How was your October? How was your Halloween?
Congrats on getting 85 miles in this month! :o)
ReplyDeleteI think you had a great month! on to november!
ReplyDelete85 is a phenomenal number. Way to go! I'm hoping for just an 80 in November and really think that may be a stretch.
ReplyDeleteGood idea to post goals. I'll start that this month and make myself accountable.
Wow! Great goals!
ReplyDelete