Monday, November 1, 2010

November Goals

Well, as I mentioned yesterday, October wasn't the best of months for me goal-wise, but all we can ever do is keep moving forward.  So onto November!

My fitness/health goals for this month:
1. Run my (now half-)marathon on November 14th and do it faster than I ran my most recent half.  A time of 2:20 or under would be even better.
2. After the half, do yoga three days a week and run three days week.  One of those weekly runs needs to be focused on speed work.
3. Eat 5+ servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
4. Spend some time outside either running, biking and even just walking while it's still possible.
My writing goals for this month:
1. To channel the energy of NaNoWriMo but turn it into NaArtWriMo (National Article Writing Month).  Instead of writing an article, I will be working toward a daily word count of at least 300 words until I have a draft of this article written.
2. Write the syllabus for my upper level course that I'm teaching spring semester.
3. Revise and resubmit my other article. 

What are your November goals?  Are you running any races in the month of November?  How do your fitness goals change as it gets colder?

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals for November, especially the one about spending time outdoors while you can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the San Antonio Half! I meant to comment earlier when you decided to drop down by I am way behind on blog comments. Nathan (my partner) is doing the full but I knew from the beginning that I would not be able to train for 26.2 miles in that amount of time, and in the Texas heat and humidity. I think dropping down the half is a great decision. You can always build on this training and do a full in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! Those are great goals :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in SoCal, so getting outside to run is hardly ever a problem. The most extreme weather is rain and maybe a temperature dip into the 30's overnight.

    Why doesn't everyone live here? Oh yeah, the traffic, high cost of living, overcrowdedness...

    Got a 5K in November and a half mary in Decemter and a couple events in January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to skip my October meet but might sign up for a early December meet in New Orleans and mid-December in Georgia. Signing up will keep me on a 3/week schedule instead of just 2/week. I'm keeping my syllabus writing at bay until the week before classes, I already picked my books so I've done preliminary planning. That's enough for me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! I think you made the right decision in deciding to run the half. A half is still a huge deal and you don't want to run a marathon unprepared!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.