- I have been inundated with a deluge of papers and midterms for about 10 days now. With about 65 papers and 120 midterm exams to grade I've barely had time to prep my classes and brush my teeth, much less get any work done on my writing goals or clean my house. I'm very tired, but the end is in sight this week.
- There's a conference that I really want to go to in Lisbon in the spring, but it looks like if I want to go I'm going to have to pay for it out of my own pocket. Maybe something will develop, but I'm not counting on that at this point. And anyways first I have to get accepted to the conference....
In the + column this week:
+ I am an aunt! My sister-in-law gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl on Friday! I probably won't get to meet my niece until December, but I'm thrilled to welcome the newest member of the family!
(Photo courtesy of my awesome bro-in-law)
How was your week?

Yay for getting your 16 mile run done!
ReplyDeletePretty great week...awesome job getting in the 16 miler
ReplyDeleteMidterm! I hear you! I have 2 piles waiting for me here. On the positive side, this is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, so I'll devote all day tomorrow to getting it done.
ReplyDeleteTake on a few at a time, drink tea, listen to good "marking" music and wear your best lounge pants. Next thing you know you will be done with those dreaded piles!! You can do it!!!
Congrats on finishing the 16 mile run - that's a big accomplishment for the week! I can't claim anything near that exercise wise - the most I did was a total of about 16 miles on the bike over the entire weekend :) And that was only because I wanted to eat - haha!
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting accepted to the conference! Hope you don't have to pay for it all yourself. I had a proposal accepted to a conference in Newcastle, England for Sept but my director decided that he was going to do my presentation rather than sending me. Needless to say, I was a bit ticked off!
Congrats on being a new auntie! Your niece is so adorable:)
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the 16 mile! Nice job toughing it out and getting it done! Character building is what that was:) High Fives!!
16 miles AND a new niece? Sounds like a pretty awesome week to me! Congrats on all accounts!
ReplyDeletelove the life of a professor..so similar to your students eh?;-)
ReplyDeletehope you get a free tic to the lisbon conference!
and your new lil' addition to the family is precious. congrats!
I hate midterms, so much to do, cute baby new Auntie and congrats on slugging through your long run!
ReplyDeleteGreat job this week!! 16 miles is awesome! Your niece is absolutely precious.
ReplyDelete