Wednesday: 3 mile run - Splits: 10:44, 10:47, 10:06
Core work: 22 lunges, 20 push ups, 100 crunches
Thursday: off - I was so exhausted from all the midterm grading that when my running buddy called to tell me she wasn't up for running, I didn't have the motivation to go out on my own.
Friday: off
Saturday: 16 mile long run - I did a bit of walking from mile 12 on, but considering I hadn't really done my long run for 3 weeks previous, I felt really good about logging these 16 miles.
Splits: 11:09, 10:49, 11:08, 11:01, 11:07, 11:51, 10:25, 12:24, 11:45, 11:14, 11:54, 13:52, 12:29, 13:49, 12:31, 11:28
Sunday: Hatha Yoga - stretching out those tender muscles and joints
Monday: 3 mile run recovery pace 33:24
Tuesday: off - I had hoped to do yoga, but I worked yesterday from 7am until 7pm....
This week was ok training wise and this current week is probably going to be just ok, too. I should be seeing the light at the end of the midterm tunnel at the end of the day tomorrow, though, and that will free up some time for my running and my writing.
How was your work out week? Did you do any fun cross training?
Great job on your long run! Those are some loooong work hours you are putting it. I hope you reach that end of the tunnel soon!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on that long run. Keep on keepin' on.
ReplyDeleteI didn't mention it in my blog, but I went hiking one day last week. That was fun cross-training!
I can't believe you manage as much as you do. Marking destroys me for running and writing; it's stupid of me to let it, but I do.
ReplyDeleteNice work with the 16 miles! Do you have a Garmin? Have I asked you this before? Is it worth it?
Nice job on the long run! Even with walking, your pace is rocking!
ReplyDeleteI've been running three days a week and doing yoga 2-3 times a week. I feel like I need to run 4 times a week, but it's hard to find the time! I'm thinking I might cross-train instead by going to a spin class or swimming, but again - time! It's so hard to fit it all in!
Ah, a busy time of the academic year! You are doing so well keeping up with your workouts, kudos for you. Hope things settle down some soon!
ReplyDeleteThanks all!
ReplyDelete@D-Med, yes I have a Garmin. I bought a 305 a little over a year ago. It was a really good investment, and I almost always run with it.
Nice work on the 16 miler! I know how hard it can be fitting those long runs in when life gets nuts:)
ReplyDelete