Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Workout Wednesday 10/6

Wednesday: 3.2 mile run, Splits: 10:11, 10:01, 10:38, 1:57
Core Work: 24 lunges, 20 push ups, 100 crunches
5 mile bike commute

Thursday: 2.5 mile run with S. I ran naked so no idea of pace at all.  It was a lovely way to end my teaching week.

Friday: off

Saturday: 9.4 mile run.  I had intended to run about 16/17 miles, but because of the path flooding I had to choose an urban route.  When I was almost hit by a car and got into an altercation afterwards, I was just done.  I sprinted home, and then I was so angry that I was shaking and burst into tears.  Splits: 10:49, 10:56, 11:09, 11:03, 10:55, 11:05, 10:49, 10:36, 11:12, 2:57

Sunday:  3 mile recovery run

Monday: 8 mile run.  I knew that I would have trouble getting in many miles on Wednesday because of the crus of midterms so I wanted to make up a few miles.  Splits 10:47, 10:47, 10:39, 10:27, 10:46, 10:13, 10:42, 10:20

Tuesday: 20 min walk

I have to admit that I'm really frustrated right now.  I haven't nailed my long run now for 3 weeks in a row.  And that's not good at all.  I think the trails are back to normal now (at least where I run - I know one bridge has to be repaired on one of the trails in a small town nearby), so hopefully I can get back on track with my long runs this week.  *Fingers crossed*

How was your work out week?  How do you overcome training setbacks?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your next long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's best to put setbacks behind us and just keep plodding ahead. Here's wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you got in the altercation with the car driver. That's happened to me before and it's really upsetting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.