Even though I'm disappointed by the fact that I didn't accomplish all of my September goals, I am hoping to make October a great success. October is one of my favorite months! I love the foliage! I love Halloween with the requisite costumes and candy! And this October I'm running in a half-marathon and a Halloween Fun Run 5k! I have all sorts of plans!
My fitness goals for the month:
*My marathon training schedule has 140 miles on it. I want to run each and every one of those miles.
*I am running a half-marathon on October 23rd. I want to a)finish it and b)finish it in under 2:20:00.
*Do core work 3 times a week.
*Continue to commute by bike at least once a week as long as the weather permits.
*Stretch/yoga after every run - I'm trying to keep those injuries at bay.
My writing goals for the month:
*Finish the co-edited manuscript project or at least get a draft of it out to my co-editor and the publisher. This is an on-going writing project from months back, and I really want to get it off my desk.
*Write my research talk that I'm presenting toward the end of the month
*Revise and resubmit that journal article for publication. This is a carry over from last month.
*Write the syllabi for my two new classes that I'm teaching next semester. I need to order books for the classes ASAP too.
I'm only setting four writing goals this month since I am in the thick of the semester and have tons of grading to do over the next 10 days and because of that whole 140 miles on the docket thing. Plus, I have the pressure of figuring out a Halloween costume that I can run a 5k in to deal with too!
What are your goals for October? Are you running in any races? Do you have any major projects that you're hoping to accomplish?
Those look like good goals.
ReplyDeleteI'm running one 10K this month. I don't really have goals for the month but I do want to make sure I take my rest days
I love fall! There's something about the crispness in the air that always gives me a little boost. You have an exciting month a head, good luck on your fitness and writing goals!
ReplyDeleteI love these posts, they get me thinking about my own monthly goals. My own lists inlcludes a few of your items like making new syllabi for the spring (already, yikes!), picking books for those classes, and finishing revisions on my dissertation to get ready for my defense! I also want to enter two winter swim meets and run a 5k at least 2 times a week. Thanks for helping me keep myself in check!
ReplyDeleteI love these posts, they get me thinking about my own monthly goals. My own lists inlcludes a few of your items like making new syllabi for the spring (already, yikes!), picking books for those classes, and finishing revisions on my dissertation to get ready for my defense! I also want to enter two winter swim meets and run a 5k at least 2 times a week. Thanks for helping me keep myself in check!
ReplyDeleteYes October, a busy month. My big project is getting me and all my work to NC this weekend to install my show. I'll feel much relief when I am back home next Monday with that all being done. Have fun planing your new classes, it's one of my favorite things to do! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to read your article!! please share!!! :D
ReplyDeleteYou have so many wonderful goals for the month! Good luck to you:) I love the Halloween runs. I am running in the Monster Dash half marathon at the end of the month. Take care!
ReplyDeleteBTW, thank you so much for all of your marathon support and encouragement! I appreciate it:)