Monday, December 6, 2010

December Goals

Between the grading fest that is about to begin this afternoon and the holidays I am limiting my goals this month to just a couple in each category.

Fitness & Health Goals:
1. Run 50 miles in December
2. 5+ servings of fruits and veggies a day
3. Physical asana and/or meditation for at least 15 minutes 4 days a week

Writing Goals:
1. My co-editor on a project and I finally got word from the publisher regarding an important formatting issue that had halted work for a couple of months.  The transcript needs to be off my desk by January 3.
2. Write at least 5 lectures for one of the new classes I'm teaching next semester.

What are your goals for the month of December?  How do you balance training with the extra demands of the holiday season?  Anyone running any races in the month of December?

7 comments:

  1. You are smart--setting sane and achievable goals at this busy time of the year!

    Love the picture of that tree-it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot to post my goals for the month! Oops! I like yours, especially the fruits and veggies one, especially because it's the holiday season and carbs are oh so festive! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have many goals this month. Conquer the hill, don't be a weather wimp, enjoy Son's winter break. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals...Good luck and wish this will surely come to pass...Have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaahhh grading! I have been working out a little more and little harder just to get rid of the unnecessary stress from the end of the semester, grading, and preparing for the next semester. But I'm defending the Friday before the spring starts, so maybe that's the real source of my added stress.

    Good luck with your end-of-semester push!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My one goal is to try and fit in activity wherever I can, this is a busy time of year for everyone, and if I can squeeze in time on the treadmill I'm happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your December goals! I need to make a similar list too :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.