Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekly +/- XXI

In the - column this week:

- Between my three classes I have been up to my eyeballs in final papers and final exams to grade this week.  I still have a dozen more revised final papers and calculating final grades to get sorted out.

- A couple of days this week I put in really long days and just reached for whatever was available to eat.  I didn't get in my 5 fruits and veggies.

- I spent several hours of my time on Friday putting an application for something together only to have it be rejected by a computerized system.  It was infuriating to be told Game Over before I'd even been able to play.

- I haven't finished my holiday shopping yet because of being so busy and because yesterday we got about 15 inches of snow on top of a thick layer of ice from freezing rain.
In the + column:

+ I have amazing colleagues.  They are generous with their time.  They are supportive.  I feel especially lucky to go out with a group of wonderful female colleagues once or twice a month for conversation, food, and drink.

+ My friend S. and I have decided to train together and run some races together in the spring and possibly into the fall.  While some things are still up in the air, we have decided to run the Madison Half-Marathon in May, and we're putting together a training schedule that even involves fartleks and tempo runs.  I'm excited!

+ Bailey loves snow, and her antics provide a source of entertainment that makes the frigid temperatures much easier to bear.

+ We received two amazing gifts in the mail this week from some relatives of M.  They sent us a snazzy coffeemaker and a bread maker.  I've already put the coffeemaker to use, and I'm looking forward to playing with the bread maker soon!

+ One of my best friends and I were able to talk for a little while on skype this weekend, and I was able to see her new baby.

How has your week been?  I hope that it's been filled with more pluses than minuses!

7 comments:

  1. You're in the final stretch at least! Hope it all goes smoothly.

    Coffee and bread--two of life's simple pleasures!

    Please keep the snow. I'm not ready to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooh have fun with the breadmaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a snow....So good to hear that you have supportive colleagues..Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me--my M's parents gave us their old breadmaker, and I have yet to try it out.

    I'm also looking forward to the training starting in January and the Madison half! It'll also help me to shed the pounds I've put on while finishing the diss. Time to pull out the serious winter weather running gear! I'll be running in this icy, snowy weather and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted a bread maker for so long, have fun with that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my Bailey loved the snow. I think he likes it for a second then decides it is was too effing cold for him

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you got a ton of snow! It's just been really cold here sans the white and, being from Northern Canada, I really really miss it. And I'm jealous of your breadmaker - I keep toying with the idea that I will try one but I know I would never find the time and I'd probably be terrible at it if I ever did.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.