Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Workout Wednesday 12/29

Wednesday: off

Thursday: off

Friday: off

Saturday: 2.3 mile run
Core Work: 10 lunges, 10 push ups

Sunday: 3 mile tempo run
Core work: 10 lunges, 10 push ups, 60 crunches

Monday: 45 min Vinyasa Yoga

Tuesday: 3.5 mile easy run

After a week of inactivity (the previous Thursday - this past Friday) and stuffing my face with great food in Toronto, including Indian, Chinese, Thai, Middle Eastern, and delicious home cooked meals made by my mother-in-law and brother-in-law, I could barely get into my stretchiest jeans for the plane ride home.  So it was important to me to get a run in on Christmas day and to start making an effort to eat more healthfully and watch my portion sizes as soon as we got home.  Numbers of the scale don't bother me much, but I definitely can't afford a new wardrobe. It was time to ease back into regular activity as I begin to look toward my goals for next year.

How was your work out week?  Anyone else lapse into some inactivity or a prolonged food coma over the holiday?

2 comments:

  1. yes, the jeans are a little tight and I don't bake or cook during the holidays and really limited my feasting time..., urgh!

    Can't wait to get back to my regular yoga classes. Both studios are closed for the holidays, and I'm not good at doing home yoga. I do a few poses and that's about it. Need a full class to stretch out. Can't wait. Yes, the calorie cutting has begun in my world too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.