Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly +/- 2.4

In the - column this week:

- My mother still doesn't have a diagnosis.  X-rays revealed a significant curvature in her lumbar which has developed over the course of the last 12-15 months.  She's scheduled for a myelogram and CT scan next week, and we'll go from there.  In the meantime, my sister has gone to be spend some time with her and help out.  I feel guilty for being so far away.

- I have not been keeping my food journal updated this week.  I need to get back in the habit quickly.

- Frankly, I am sick of winter.  I am tired of ice and snow and freezing temperatures and cold winds.  I have a serious case of the Januaries.  And they were not made better when I locked myself out of the house on Wednesday.  I had to wait for over an hour before I could get a hold of M. and he could come home so that I could get back inside.  At least we have a garage....

In the + column:

+ Yesterday, M. and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary.  We spent the day brunching and hanging out on the couch with books in our pjs.  Then we went out to dinner and to a friend's housewarming party.  It was the first night out we'd had as a couple in a while, and it was a lot of fun.

+ I paid off one of my student loans this week.  Although I still have a long way to go before I'm debt free, I'm really happy that I have one less payment to make each month.

+ I've tested out our new breadmaker twice now.  I made bread in it again this past week. I'm still learning what all the beeps mean, so the loaves haven't turned out quite as aesthetically pleasing as they might, but they have tasted delicious!  I love having fresh bread with dinner a couple of times a week.

How has your week been?  I hope its been a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.