![]() |
| Source |
Currently, I only subscribe to a couple of magazines: Yoga Journal and Vogue. I used to subscribe to many more (Harpers, Shape, Time, etc.), but I usually didn't have time to read them all by the time the next issue was in the mail, so I cut back. I'm considering subscribing to Runner's World and to Real Simple, though, after my airport read.
What magazines do you subscribe to? Do you find that you're able to keep up with your subscriptions or do you have stacks of unread magazines around your house causing clutter?

yoga journal! it's produced in berkeley and several of my neighbors actually work on it so i get free DVDs from them (awesome). i luurrrrrve magazines but i don't subscribe to any because i find when they come in the mail i totally neglect them! i like going to the store to get them when i'm in the mood (even if you end up paying 3 times as much for them).
ReplyDeleteRight now I only subscribe to Real Simple (love it!), and I keep up pretty well (don't mind if I get a month or two behind---love having a couple to read through at once!). I used to also subscribe to Glamour and Self and would like to again. It's just SO cheap compared to buying off the newsstand that I'd rather subscribe to a bunch. Just have been lazy about renewing!
ReplyDeleteI like Real Simple and my hubby uses their recipe section almost every month, especially the summer and holiday issues. I like Natural Health and Fitness, too. Harper's and Atlantic are two faves in our household, as is Outside.
ReplyDeleteI like buying mags - it's more exciting for me (though more expensive). The only mag I've subscribed to is Fashion (a Canadian publication) which is remarkably affordable by subscription - like a dollar an issue or something ridic. Of course now that it's expired, I buy it on the newstand for 5 bucks. Call it philanthropic :-)
ReplyDeleteI only subscribe to Runners World and Women's Running and I get SO excited every month when one comes in the mail!!! :0)
ReplyDeleteI love catching up on magazines (even a few guilty pleasures now and again). I get RW, RT, and Real Simple. Love t erecipes in Real Simple. Glad you got caught up!
ReplyDeleteLucky, which I read compulsively. Esquire, which I probably love more than my husband does. And Anthology, which is new and amazing and wonderful and you should look it up!
ReplyDeleteI subscribe to Runner's World, Running Times, Self, and Cosmo. I just let Glamour, Fitness, and Marie Claire expire. The running ones are the only ones I've paid for. THe others I got using My Coke Rewards points. haha I intentionally let them stock pile. I rarely read them in the winter. I like having magazines when I lay out in the summer. I don't take books outside because the heat always melts the glue in the spine and the pages come out. Magazines don't matter!
ReplyDeleteOur big treats are Mother Jones (which is quarterly, so no huge pressure to read) and the New Yorker, which is passe here in Brooklyn. Every fool seems to carry a back issue during his/her commute. In fact, I once made eye contact over my New Yorker to the man sitting across from me, who was reading his New Yorker, and we recognized eachother from college. So nerdy!
ReplyDeleteSometimes, I really want to buy a girly mag from the newsstand guy on the train platform. But usually I just buy mints.
I have free subscriptions to Glamour and Marie Claire, and I do leaf through them on the elliptical at the gym. I'd love to subscribe to cooking magazines, but really don't have the time to read them right now. Fella has free subscriptions to Newsweek, the New Yorker and Sports Illustrated that fill the magazine rack in our loo and I have no idea how much those get read. I imagine they're more on the side of clutter.
ReplyDeleteI don't subscribe to any! I only read magazines while travelling. I used to subscribe to the face though, until it folded, God, I loved that magazine!
ReplyDeleteI subscribe to National Geo, Smithsonian, Sculpture Magazine, Ceramics Monthly, Trail Running, Running Times and Runners World. I am letting my Runners World go, to commercial for me.
ReplyDeleteI subscribe to too many magazines. I eventually read them, but I'm usually 2-3 months behind. I just love them so much, though! I also save them and then donate a huge stack to the library every few months, so that makes me feel better about the indulgence.
ReplyDeleteOh, and my current favorites are Poets and Writers, Runner's World, Vegetarian Times, Yoga Journal, and Real Simple. Nathan gets a few more that I also peak at when I have time. :)
Marxist-nerd alert! I subscribe to The Nation and The London Review of Books. Yeah, I love me some grouchy left-wing British people before bed.
ReplyDeleteLet my New Yorker subscription expire a while back and just read the old ones at my parents' over vacation. I still get Harpers but will probably let that expire this year.
I purchased a Runners World while in the States and was disappointed--too much fluff. And I always buy a girly magazine for a long plane ride.