My birthday is later this week (and since I couldn't treat myself to a day of shopping because of GAAD), so I treated myself to an early birthday present. I registered for the Minneapolis Marathon on June 5th!
I had considered registering for this race a while back, but was hesitant because I'm planning to run the Madison Half-Marathon with a friend the weekend before. However, if I run the half on Sunday 5/29 and then only run once or twice during that week, I don't feel like my legs will feel too substantially different on the day of the marathon than they would if I just ran an 8-10 mile taper run the weekend before.
Also because I decided to register for a half-marathon in April and since, with a teensy bit of tweaking of my current half-marathon plan, I will be in double digit long runs again at the end of this week, I think I can be marathon ready in 12 weeks. I would really like to continue building on the base that I've been committed to building since just before the start of the year. Plus, the spring is such a great time to train that I wanted to be able to take full advantage of that.
Wish me luck!
Are any of you planning on running this race? Do you have plans for any spring marathons?
Number one - happy birthday! Congrrats on your registration! I am running my second 1/2 - Med City in Rochester on 5/29. You marathoners just blow me away!
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday and YAY! What an awesome birthday present to yourself! :0)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on registering! I can't wait to see how your training goes and how the race turns out. You'll be marathon ready.
ReplyDeleteNice birthday gift :-) No marathons through me, so I too will live vicariously through you :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! I wish I had the ability to run...okay, I probably do but I am so totally not disciplined enough.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! That is so exciting that you registered - it's the best feeling! I think I will be around that weekend so I will have to come and cheer you on!
ReplyDeleteI think registering for races is one of the motivating factors to get me training lol. Congrats running a marathon is a huge achievement. You're going to do fabulous.. No marathons for me (ever lol).. I am training for the Disney Half Ironman though ....
ReplyDeleteThis is great! I bet you will do really well. I love Minneapolis, especially the beer pubs and the town is just a cool place. Good luck as you plan your training for both races! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Can't wait to hear how you like it...start building those miles!
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday! I hope you enjoy your week.
ReplyDeleteExciting! I love registering for races and it sounds like you have a good plan of attack for this one in particular. Hooray!
ReplyDelete