In the - column:
- My heart continues to go out to those effected by the devastation caused by the tsunami in Japan. I donated to Doctors Without Borders and UNICEF, but I wish I could do more.
- My flight back from Louisiana kept getting delayed and delayed. Rather than missing my connection and getting stranded for the night, I rebooked it for the next day. While I was happy to spend another evening with my mother, losing the day made for an especially hectic week.
- I came down with another little cold the day after I got home. I probably picked it up on a plane. Fortunately, a day of working from home in pajamas with dayquil and tea on Wednesday seemed to nip it mostly in the bud.
- My husband had to be away for a work-related event for part of this week, so he wasn't around for my birthday.
In the + column:
+ M. might have missed my birthday, but I celebrated it by having a little dinner party with some good friends. I made the dinner and my dear friend S. made birthday cupcakes. I had a wonderful time, and Bailey behaved herself commendably.
+ I ran the longest run I've ever run on a treadmill. While I've done a 20 mile training run and run a marathon before, the longest I'd ever managed to do on a treadmill was 7.5 miles. Yesterday I had to do my long run inside and did all 10 scheduled miles on the treadmill.
+ I met one of my writing goals for the month this weekend - a couple of days late, but considering how much longer this task took than anticipated, I'm glad to have finally crossed it off the list.
How has your week been?
That is a long run on the treadmill. I think my longest treadmill run was about 10 miles too. nice job :)
ReplyDeleteIt's been a great week for me too! Congrats on the running those 10 on the TM. I am not sure I could even do 5. Kudos to you! And of course Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete10 treadmill miles??? Whew! I got bored just thinking about it! You've got me beat by 5 miles.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday!
10 miles on a treadmill is impressive!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated b'day!
I did my longest run on a treadmill today, too. I ran 8. Eeks, it was too long for me on the dreadmill. I just don't love runningon them! So props to you for doing 10!!!
ReplyDeleteMy week has been decent. Sort of busy, but the faster time flies, the faster summer will be here. I am so ready for warm temps!
Happy belated birthday! It has certainly been a crazy week. Glad you got home safe and finished a writing goal. It sounds like you were able to maintain some focus - especially on that ten mile treadmill run! Lately, I can't do more than 2 indoors so I'm super impressed. :)
ReplyDelete