Monday, April 11, 2011

April Vegeta(b)les Part I

M. and I made a pact this month to eat at least one serving of veggies every night at dinner.  So here is a list of the vegetables that we ate at at dinner for the first third of April.  (And isn't it kind of frightening that the month is already almost half-way gone?)


1. Cauliflower and peas (in a potato curry)
2. Mixed greens, tomatoes, red onion, carrot (in a salad)
3. Cauliflower and peas (in a potato curry)
4. Peas (in risotto) and broccoli

5. Spinach, tomatoes, and mushroom (yes, I know the 'shroom is technically not a vegetable...)
6. Mixed greens, tomatoes, red onion (in a salad)
7. Spinach and green olives (on a pizza)
8. Carrots and asparagus
9. Peppers, carrots, onions, and tomatoes
10. Green beans

It will be another month before our local farmer's market opens back up, so we have been limited to getting our produce from the grocery store.  I'm really looking forward to making a trip to the market part of my Saturday morning routine again.  What veggies have you been enjoying lately?

2 comments:

  1. 1) Thanks for your sweet comment. Back problems = total grouchy old lady Ugh! 2) Why is April going so fast! It's so scary. 3) You've inspired me to make cauliflower and pea curry, something I love at restaurants, but never make home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AM-GoalsfortheWeek!April 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM

    Hi! wow, not only are you trying to eat a veggie a night but w/such style! I'm lucky if I just get a bowl of broccoli steamed in the microwave!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.