In the - column:
- While my back is much better than it was just a short time ago, it's still not 100%. With a half-marathon looming and marathon training supposedly underway, it's really frustrating to feel like I have to hold back from pushing myself in terms of pace on my runs. I cut both of the long runs I've been on since the problem started short because I started to feel some twinging in my lower back and butt in the last couple of miles.
- Sometimes I feel so frustrated by my dog's separation anxiety. While taking her to doggy daycare seems to have helped her be a little more socially adept with other dogs, we still can't leave her home alone without her baying. There are times when I'd just like to go out to dinner on the spur of the moment or for both M. and I to be able to attend an event without finding a dog sitter.
In the + column:
+ For the first time in quite a while, I had company on my long run this week. I did 3 miles on my own and then met up with my friend S. for another 8 miles on the trail. The weather was great for running - cool and a little misty. Green shoots were starting to make their way up from the ground after a long winter. We kept the pace nice and slow, but the time flew by as we chatted and enjoyed being outside.
+ I got my two reports finished and my campus office cleaned this week. There's still lots to do this month in order to accomplish my writing goals, but it feels good to make progress on some of them.
+ My little niece turned 6 months old this week. Although we are far away from M's family, Facebook photos and videos have enabled us to watch the little bean grow. I'm pretty sure she gets cuter every day.
How was your week? I hope it was full of pluses!
It's probably not something you haven't already thought of... but how would she do if you got another dog? Do you think that having a brother/sister to occupy her while you're gone would ease her anxiety any?
ReplyDeleteIt was really hard for us to find a place to rent with just one dog. If we were in a position right now to buy or to be somewhere more long-term, we would definitely consider it.
ReplyDeleteI hope your back is 100% soon... how frustrating!
ReplyDeleteMy +/- for the week:
+ my Series 7 class is over. Amen.
- I haven't taken a day off from studying all week and it's wearing me down. I test on Wednesday and then plan on taking that night off before resuming my studies for the other exam...
I hope your back feels 100% soon. Mine is killing me! It's so frustrating. I really miss not having a dog, but it does allow a certain freedom to escape for a day or two...
ReplyDeleteNice to have some running company! I to am mostly a loner on the run, prefer it that way, so that makes company even more fun. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteAwww...love a six-month old baby. The cutest stage, imho!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great long run with a friend--so nice to have company, I agree.
I hope the back turns around for you asap.