On Saturday I took a mental health afternoon. I did some pleasure reading, took a little spin around Target for some toiletries and household organizational items, and went to my local Aveda salon. I got my hair cut and highlighted. It's been a while since I've had highlights, but I thought a lighter look would be nice for summer. Extra bonus: I got to smell delicious Aveda products all through my 15 mile long run on Sunday.
In the past year or so I've had long hair and a short pixie and several sort of in between cuts as I've been starting to grow my hair back out. While they all have their advantages and their drawbacks, I really love having an inverted bob even though it does require some additional upkeep and daily styling time.
Do any of you tend to go lighter or shorter for the spring and summer months?
GORGEOUS!!
ReplyDeleteI love your hair! It looks great. I usually have short hair. I always tell myself that I am going to grow it out and then I get impatient.
ReplyDeleteIt's cute!! Perfect for summer. I stick to the same hue year round, but I did add a feather extension the last time I had my hair done : )
ReplyDeleteI love it! It looks great! Cheers!
ReplyDeleteLove the hair! I have debating short hair...but its taken me three years to grow mine back out -- and after seeing yours, I want short again!
ReplyDeleteYour hair looks really nice! I'm almost to my summer breaking point where I chop it all off in the hopes of being mildly more comfortable in the humidity.
ReplyDeletexoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com
I like the new 'do!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Lovin' the hair. I used to always go shorter for the summer (and sometimes red). I think this summer I'll keep growing it out...trying to stay long for the wedding.
ReplyDeleteThat is soooooo cute!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I've been considering highlights for summer too, though the sun usually takes care of that for me. I actually tend to have longer hair in the summer so that I can pull it back and spend less time with a blow dryer in my un-air conditioned apartment.
ReplyDeleteCute new hair!! :0) Love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elena! The advantage of long hair in the summer is the pony tail and the updo. I'm sure you will look gorgeous at your wedding even if you do decide to cut your hair, though!
ReplyDeleteI love the hair! I've been growing mine out for the last year and it's finally out of the awkward stage and into the medium length stage. Very exciting! I don't really change my hair for the seasons, but I'm thinking of going red again. It's been a while and my true self is a redhead on the inside. ;)
ReplyDeleteHai Raquelita, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day.
ReplyDeleteI like your new haircut, great way to know how you are at my first visit here.
I always color my hair and it's lighter during Summer than in Winter.
Oh fun! Looks great!!
ReplyDeleteMy hair is so long right now... I am trying to decide if I should keep growing it and do locks for love or if I should chop it...
I love getting a new cut, especially one that is a drastic change from the current style. That being said, the ponytail issue is what has kept me from going short again. Yours looks so cute though you sure have me tempted.. :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elaine!
ReplyDeleteOh, locks for love is great! I should look into whether or not they take color-treated hair....
ReplyDeleteAn unairconditioned second floor of my home and my trip to Italy are largely why I decided to chop my hair into a pixie last summer. I'll probably wear mine wavy and curly more as it gets hotter (if it gets hotter).
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the haircut!! It must be a lot easier for you too. Running with a ponytail can get annoying because it swings around the whole time and mine always gets drenched in sweat, sexy? Totally.
ReplyDelete