My Fitness/Health Goals were to:
- Journal everything I eat, every day for the whole month. I kept track of everything I ate all month. In order to give myself a visual reminder I went old elementary school style and put a sticker on the calendar for every day that I kept track.
- Run 100+ miles. Even though I was in taper mode for the last couple of weeks of May, I ran 121.2 miles this month. My longest run was 19 miles, I also ran my longest treadmill run to date of 16 miles and a half-marathon.
- Practice yoga at least twice a week. Sometimes it's just been a couple of sun salutations and a handful of seated postures, but I have practiced 2-3 times a week in May. It could be all in my head, but I do think the yoga and lifting weights once or twice a week are starting go make my arms look a bit more toned.
My Writing/Professional Goals were to:
- Revise and resubmit an article. I'm not done with this, as there was more to do than I remembered in order to get this manuscript revised. However, I have made decent progress. I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of thinking about how to address the criticisms in the reviewer reports and adding comments on a draft. Now I just need to get to actually doing the revisions. I'm planning on getting this kicked back out the door in June.
- Outline and get a start on my book proposal. Sadly I haven't really made any progress on this task this month. Between the end of the semester and article revisions, I just haven't had the time to devote to myself to my book proposal yet.
- Work out a schedule for sharing the desk. M. and I have been doing pretty well with this. I posted about creating a makeshift standing work station a week or so ago as well. I've put in some good hours of work this month at that desk, at my writing desk, and in coffee shops.
- Spend 3 hours each week during the second half of May doing some new research. I've done a bit of reading here and there, but it's probably only been about 3 hours total instead of 3 hours a week.
So not a perfect month, but it has been an eventful one. I ended another academic year and graded a mountain of final exams and papers. I took a few days off to relax and reset. I organized my work spaces and started using a balance ball and standing more while reading and writing. I tried some new recipes and wines. I took a little road trip to Madison and ran a half-marathon with a friend.
Most exciting of all: I found out that my sister is going to have a baby and I'm going to be an auntie again!
How was your May? Did you travel, race, accomplish a professional goal? I'd love to hear from you!
Most exciting of all: I found out that my sister is going to have a baby and I'm going to be an auntie again!
How was your May? Did you travel, race, accomplish a professional goal? I'd love to hear from you!
Nice job on your fitness goals. And look at you at your fitness ball desk!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great month of May! Great job on balancing all of that. The end of a school year is hard enough! Happy June!
ReplyDeletecongrats to your sis (and you!)
ReplyDeleteYOu look so cute sitting on that ball! Great goals. Truly they inspire me to branch out with some different sorts of writing. Thanks for your thoughts on my post! :) Always love hearing from you even if I don't comment too often.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your fitness goals! I think I need to get some stickers and reward myself for daily writing. :)
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I don't know where my May went! I stopped doing monthly goals for a while but I think I need to start it up again. Perfect timing, too!
Very, very impressed by all the running! You rock. Yay for Madison---I anticipate at least another weekend trip there this summer. Must enjoy the farmer's market!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the upcoming niece/nephew!
May was great! Ran 173 miles and one marathon
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with your workout goals, and you look cute and comfy at your desk!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a motivating post!!! Congrats on all of your accomplishments and good luck on further pursuing your remaining goals.
ReplyDeleteThat picture cracks me up :) I love sitting on my balance ball!
ReplyDeleteNice job on all of your goals! And congrats for becoming an aunt again!
That's exciting news about your sister! And the number of goals you've met this month is putting me to shame. For reals.
ReplyDeletexoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com
You have been moving, though! That always takes a ton of time.
ReplyDeleteMay flew by for me, too. I wish I'd been a little more successful with my writing goals this month, so I've been thinking of going to a two-sticker system. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Amanda! You are a fantastic writer so I hope you do branch out!
ReplyDeleteCongrats- that's so exciting that you are going to be an auntie again!!
ReplyDeleteMay was a blur fo rme. Lots of studyinig. No travel, besides a work trip to Des Moines. Which was a good professional landmark for me as that is the start of more travel, which I am going to enjoy as we have offices in cities I have always wanted to visit, like Nashville and Boston and Charlotte!
Good luck this weekend!!