| A Lily Pond, June 2009 |
- I don't have a mileage goal for June, but I do have a pretty big running goal: run marathon #2. I would love to finish this marathon in under 5 hours or get a PR. Mainly, though, I just want to finish and enjoy the experience.
- Journal everything I eat, every day for the whole month of June. I did this in May, and I think it really helped me to make healthier choices, especially when it came to snacking. So I'm setting this goal again this month.
- Do yoga at least twice a week. I plan to take it easy on the running front after the marathon this weekend, but I want to make sure that I'm staying active and getting a couple of yoga practices in each week.
Writing/Professional Goals
- Finish revising an article and resubmit it to an academic journal. I feel like a broken record with this one, but here it is again. Hopefully, it will be the last time for this particular article.
- Do at least 10 hours of research for a conference paper/article draft. August and the next academic year will be here before I know it, so I need to at least get a start on this project and put myself in a position to start doing some new writing by beginning of next month.
- Renew some professional memberships and update my personal/professional information.
I'm going a little light on the goals this month, but I'll be running a marathon and I have a couple of trips planned in June. I hope and believe that June is going to be a great month with a nice mix of productivity, achievement, and relaxation. What's June bringing your way? Do you have any goals for June?
Hi!
ReplyDeleteWe have sorta similar goals...although no marathons are on my horizon.
I love that you write/publish for your career. It would be fun to hear a lil' bit about your niche...;-)
Great goals!! I'm so excited for the end of school (work), to spend time with my son, travel with my husband, go to a wedding with my family, soak in some sun and run my 17th marathon! Good luck this weekend! Hopefully the weather will be great for us!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the marathon and the article!
ReplyDeleteMy goal is to do well on the test and walk awy feeling confident about how i did. And then I want to spend the rest of month doing things I enjoy. I have spent the last 5+ months focused on studying, it has totally overtaken my life! I can' twait to catch up with friends and spend time at my parents cabin. So no specific goals for me besides enjoying life. And doing alot more running!!
ReplyDeletewell a marathon is a pretty rad goal. my goal...get through the next four weeks of work, then celebrate with a week in Yellowstone and Montana. it will be so sweet...can't wait
ReplyDeletep.s. TEACH ME how to use this comment platform on blogspot. I must know.
ReplyDeletegood luck this weekend with Marathon #2!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! I'm excited and nervous!
ReplyDeleteYellowstone sounds awesome! I've never been, so jealous!
ReplyDeleteThe commenting platform is called Disqus, and it's not perfect but I love the reply feature soooo much. There are instructions on the website: http://disqus.com/ for installing it on blogger. I'm a luddite and I didn't have any real difficulties.
Enjoying life and time at your parents' cabin sounds just delightful, Lisa!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rebecca!
ReplyDelete17th marathon!!! You are just incredible, Maia! Fingers crossed that it's not too hot and sticky!
ReplyDeleteI'll cook up a post for sometime in the near future, but in short I work on the history of theater, fashion, and popular culture in the 16-18th centuries in Europe and the US.
ReplyDeleteLove Anne Shirley!! :0) Good luck with all of your goals this month! Hope your Marathon goes well!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your marathon! Love your goals for June.
ReplyDeleteI don't have specific goals just keep running and lose a bit of weight which is a challenge because I have 3 weeks of vacation after next week. But I try to stay as active as possible during my vacation and control the damage that way :)