Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Registered: B.A.A. 10K!

The weekend that I will be in Boston coincides with Boston Athletic Association 10K, so I registered for it.  I'm excited.  It's been a couple of years since I've run a 10k, and it will ensure that I go for at least one run while I'm in Beantown.  There's a chance that a friend of mine who now lives in Boston will run it with me, which would be really awesome as we ran my last 10k together just over two years ago.  I'm also really excited because I think it will be some fun running tourism.  The race goes through the Back Bay and hopefully will provide some scenic running.

Since I'm still in reverse taper/marathon recovery mode, I don't have a time goal for this race.  Perhaps my body will feel more capable of speed in a week or two and I can think about shooting for a PR.  For right now, though, my plan is to just enjoy running a race and taking in the sights in my running shoes in Boston.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fun!  What a great way to take in the city!  I haven't ran a 10k since 2 Thanksgivings ago.  I was going to do one in Milwaukee this summer but it conflicts with my move.  I will probably try to do that same Thanksgiving 10k this year as I am sure I'll be here.

    Boston sounds like just a fun city.  I can't wait to visit - hopefully this year I will go for work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will a 10k be easier having already finished a marathon and done a half recently (right?)?  Boston seems like it'd be a cool city to run through since all their streets are so winding and crooked.  Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. I love 10ks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Boston! I bet you will have a great time. 10K is a good race distance, I love to run them, just far enough to get in some real running and short enough to throw in a bit of speed.. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I always look out for races in places I visit but I never seen lucky enough to catch one. I've actually never raced a 10K before. But when I finally do - instant PR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Boston once and Loved it!  Have fun running!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Boston, but then again, I'm a native New Englander!  Have some chowda, steamers, and beer for me!  After the 10k, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.