I spent this weekend with my husband and his family in Toronto. We flew to Buffalo on Friday and M's parents drove down to do some shopping and to pick us up from the airport. We had dinner in Buffalo and then made the drive back to Toronto, where we were dropped off at M's sister's place.
Saturday morning we woke up earlier than we had planned, since my brother-in-law had accidentally locked the laundry room. After a misadventure with attempting to take the hinges off the door and a failed attempt to break in using a steak knife, we gave up temporarily and got ready for the day. M. and I spent some time playing with our niece and then we all went to the farmers' market at
Wychwood Barns. We got coffee from one of the many vendors and had some yummy lunch at the cafe, enjoyed some live music, and my brother-in-law picked up a meat order from a local farmer.
 |
| M. and Norah |
 |
| Band at Wychwood Barns |
 |
| Artscape |
After our trip to the market, we headed back to the house so that niece Norah could go down for a nap and that I could change out of my jeans since I was broiling. Then M. and I headed down to David Pecaut Square to hear some live music at the
Luminato Festival. We sat in the grass and had a lemonade and just spent a couple of hours enjoying the sunshine, the urban atmosphere, and the performance of Egyptian artists, Natacha Atlas and Minor Empire. We had to head back before too long, though, to get changed for dinner out with M's parents and sister. It was a joint birthday (M's mother and sister have birthdays coming up soon) and father's day celebration. Because of Norah's early bed time, it was an early dinner. Afterwards, we headed back to my sister-in-law's for dessert, more conversation, and a nightcap.
 |
| Minor Empire performing at Luminato |
 |
| Enjoying a summery day in a fabulous city |
Yesterday morning I got up early and squeezed in a little 3 mile run. Then M. and I went for brunch, which as you may know is my favorite meal of the week. I had a latte and a veggie omelette and M. had scrambled eggs and chorizo. We came back and hung out some more and watched Norah take a little bike ride around the block to test out the new seat and helmet for her. Later in the afternoon we all attended the 50th wedding anniversary party of M's aunt and uncle. It was a great time and wonderful to catch up with family and enjoy the antics of the younger generation.
 |
| Baby on board! |
 |
| 50 years together! |
 |
| My sister-in-law, mother-in-law and I all ended up in surprisingly coordinating outfits |
 |
| Balloons galore |
How was your weekend? Did you do anything to celebrate Father's Day? Any races or spectacular meals.
Looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Glad you had such a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh. I bet running up north was nice. It's in the 100s here, so I am super jealous!
ReplyDeleteWe lounged around (INDOORS) yesterday and had a Cold Stone ice cream cake to celebrate Father's Day. Yum!
What a great summer weekend you had! Everyone always raves about Toronto--gotta get there some time!
ReplyDeleteYes, we had a fabulous meal--at at an Afghani restaurant. SO good!
It looks like you had fun! I've never been to Toronto, but I'd like to go there.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! We went to Toronto a few years ago during summer and really enjoyed it
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic weekend it sounds like you had a blast! =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous weekend! Your niece is adorable! Love her name, too!
ReplyDeleteBrunch is one of my favorite meals, too! Such a treat to go out for a leisurely, delicious brunch!
I had a great weekend at my parents' cabin! Lots of time spent outside reading and hanging out with my newest nephew, Charlie, who is a gorgeous baby. I may be biased, but he is just so darn cute and cuddly. I'll get to see him again thsi weekend as I'm heading back to the cabin.
I like the new do!! Very sassy and looks like it feels great for summertime! Norah's hair is getting long, I'm diggin those pigtails! Too precious!
ReplyDeletePS. Enjoy that coffee and chorizo for me! ;)
Hello!
ReplyDeleteWe are huge fans of Historiadora on the Run over at Glam Media! We’re one of the top 10 online media companies in the US and would love for you to help pilot our new Health & Wellness Community at Bliss.com, slated to launch in the coming weeks.
If you’re interested, please contact me about joining our community for the launch!
Cheers,
Sandy Hayashi
Community Partners Editor
Glam Media
sandyh@glam.com