| Not thinking about my goals while on vacation |
- Run marathon #2 - I did complete my second marathon, and, while I didn't do it in the time that I hoped, I did shave 5 minutes off my marathon time and PR'ed at the Team Ortho Minneapolis Marathon.
- Journal everything that I eat for the whole month - I was great until the day that we left on vacation, and I started journaling again the day after we returned. I did journal more days than I didn't, but I definitely could have done a better job with this one.
- Do yoga at least twice a week - I totally slacked on the yoga front while we were on vacation.
My Writing/Professional goals were:
- Finish article revisions and resubmit it to an academic journal - Argh! No. I didn't finish this before we left, and for a variety of reasons (mostly good ones) I didn't try to work on this while we were on vacation. I will finish this month, though, or I am going to have to stop blogging. There! It's in writing.
| Early 18th century gravestone, Salem MA -- Must not let the same fate befall my blog! |
- Renew some professional memberships - I did this. And it was painful. One bad thing about no longer being a grad student is the increased cost of annual memberships to professional organizations. I wish there was a rate for people with un(der)employed partners and student loans.
I did do some other things in June. I took a vacation that involved travel by plane, train, and automobile and four excellent cities. I spent time with my in-laws, my niece, and some beloved friends. I visited several fantastic museums, ate Montreal bagels, drank a number of delicious brews in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston, explored the Massachusetts Bay, and ran a 10K. I sat on an MA committee and had several coffee shop work dates with a friend and colleague.
| On Lake Champlain in Burlington with my friend Becs |
| Mass Bay |
Ha! I hear you about making sure your blogging doesn't interfere with professional productivity. It's amazing how much you can get done when you aren't hearing the siren's call of blogs, twitter, e-mail...
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to stop by to say hi and to thank you for your comments on my blog. It's so fun to meet another academic who blogs! Good luck with your July goals :-) I should put my goals in writing too...
Wow, that's pretty good on the goals considering you were on vacation! I'm terrible about spending enough time on my research because the internet is so interesting and I am so ADHD.
ReplyDeleteI must say, you're looking quite svelte! =)
ReplyDelete