Friday, July 29, 2011

New 'do.

Last week I had scheduled an appointment with my stylist for a cut and color for yesterday. I told myself that if I wasn't finished revising an article manuscript by the end of the day before the appointment that I would have to cancel it.  True to form, I finished work on the article early Wednesday evening.  Sometimes the promise of a reward motivates me more than it should.


I dig my new 'do. When I have my glasses on, I feel very Velma. Too bad Bailey sucks at solving mysteries and fighting crime.

Since I ended up taking the day off yesterday (between a sinus headache in the morning and my hair appointment in the afternoon it seemed the right thing to do), I have a weekend full of writing ahead of me, as I need to get some work done on a conference paper.  I also have a long run with my group tomorrow and plans to make some sort of chocolate baked good to thank my spouse for giving my article a read through to look for typos, editing ghosts, and missing commas.

What are your plans for the weekend? Any races? Any haircuts?

17 comments:

  1. It looks great and I love the color too! Your pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    My plans involve getting on a jet plane and taking off for Maui!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. to dream the KIMpossible dreamJuly 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM

    LOVE the new hair!  Been thinking I need a new haircut STAT.  My hair is overgrown and bushy (thank you, humidity), but I haven't gone yet because I am not sure if I want to do something dramatic or just a trim mixed with texturizing.  Hmmm....you make me want to do something dramatic!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more than due for a haircut, but I'm trying to put it (and coloring!) off for another month so it'll look fresh for a wedding I'm in.  I love this style on you.  Mine's supposed to look like that, but the humidity kills it :)

    I have nothing going on this weekend, which is a nice change of pace!  My and Fella's 4 year anniversary is Sunday, though we don't really celebrate those types of things except for maybe a nice dinner out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the color! I'm getting mine done again after my fall half :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE! I'd love to see it with glasses, too. You ROCK bobs AND bangs. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look terrific, great color on you! You look very much like the cool and hip art history professor I had in my freshman year of undergrad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new 'do!  SO fun!!  It looks so healthy and shiny!!  I have a fun weekend ahead of me as I am attending my nephew's baptism and his older brother's 7th bday party.  Lots of fun.  And I am excited to raise a glass of something with my family to celebrate passing that exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new haircut, it looks very good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks amazing, and you're looking very thin too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is super cute and so is that outfit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you: a good reward is the best motivation to get stuff done!  You look great :-)  (And I am way, way overdue for a haircut myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hair color! And the dress super cute!

    I love having a race to train for too. It keeps me on track for my mileage :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new look! So impressed to read about your training schedule, along with everything else in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.