Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Ask, I Tell

Source
The awesome Miss Zippy kindly tagged me with the You Ask, I Tell meme that's been going around.  Want to know my favorite distance to race or my favorite kind of ice cream?  Want to know whether or not I have Morton's toe or what my dissertation was about?  If there's something you'd like to know about me, ask in the comments section of this post and I'll write up my answers early next week.  While credit card numbers, my last name, and the specific institution that I work at are off limits, I'll answer just about anything else.

16 comments:

  1.  Who's your favorite Harry Potter character (& why)? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sartorialsidelinesJuly 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM

    I want to hear about your dissertation topic!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you like shoes:  which are your very favorite pairs?

    What is your favorite running distance and why?

    Tell us more about your bike, since you sometimes bike commute.

    ReplyDelete
  4.  What is your favorite book? And if you can't limit it to just one, then top three. Also, I want to know why. (I'm so demanding!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are all personal so feel free to decline to answer. How did you meet your partner? How do you like academia? What drew you to graduate study?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, if you had a third arm, where would it be on your body and what would be its purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you like best about your job?  What do you find to be the most challenging aspect of your job?  Please note the PC nature of the second question ;-)

    And just for fun: what's your favorite color?  What's your favorite brand of running shoes?  Are you brand-loyal or do you try different brands?

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.  What was your dissertation about? 
    2.  How long have you been running?
    3.  What shoes do you run in?  Are you loyal to them or do you try other brands/models/etc.
    4.  How did you meet your husband?

    That was kind of alot of questions!  If you don't want ot answer them all, you can answer them in Sept when we do that race!   :)

    Looking forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is your biggest pet peeve?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, would it be harder to write another dissertation or run an ultramarathon?

    Did you enjoy your time at OSU?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read that you are working on a book? What's it about?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you summarize your dissertation in 1 sentence?

    Do you have a favorite home cooked meal that you can NEVER order at a restaurant because it can never be done better than at home?  Will you share the recipe?

    What was the last leisure book you read?

    Do you have a hidden talent?  If so, what is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What kind of music do you like, and what was the last concert you went to?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amanda@RunninghoodJuly 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM

    Yay!  I love these things.  What is one of the most fascinating parts of history that you love to learn about?  A favorite book?  A favorite blog you read that adds to your life?  Thank you for your recipe suggestions!  Even though I don't always find the time to get here, I always love your comments and it always makes me smile to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What has been your favorite running moment?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Feel free to ignore mine, but do you want to have kids? And how has grad school/academia affected your plans?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.