| August also marks two years since we adopted Bailey and brought her home |
- Finish writing the conference paper that I will be presenting later in the month. This is a carry-over from last month. Since it has a firm deadline, maybe I shouldn't count it as a goal, but I'm gonna. (I won't count lecture writing, though.)
- Write up a report taking account of my summer activities and a plan for how I will meet my institution's required criteria for the upcoming academic year. The report is due this month, but the plan is not due until next month. I see them as interconnected, though.
- Update my CV, teaching philosophy, and other materials for this upcoming round of the academic job market. As I have mentioned, my current position is full-time but it's not tenure-track, so I will spin Fortune's Wheel once more.
- Get started on note-taking and outlining a conference paper that I'm giving later in the fall.
Running/Fitness Goals
- PR at the Urban Wildland Half-Marathon on 8/6. It may be hot and humid, but I'm going to give this my all. My current PR is from my first half-marathon, which was almost exactly two years ago, and I want a new one!
- Run 127 miles in August. I want to log all the miles on my training schedule this month.
- Do yoga at least two times a week. It's all about continuing to be able to touch my toes and keeping my joints in good shape.
- Continue to maintain my food journal. I definitely notice a difference in how I feel during my training runs and work outs when I'm eating more whole foods and fruits and vegetables and less junk. When I write down what I'm eating, I tend to make better choices.
What are your goals for the month of August? Is the start of a new school year impacting your plans for the next few weeks?
I love the time right before a new term starts! I always feel like it's a chance to start everything anew and be more organized, etc. this time around. Such a great feeling.
ReplyDeletexoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com
(((Sigh))) Yes, to the new school year question. I go back to teaching (I teach developmental English at our community college) on August 15th. I have an M-Th 8:00 am class, so that's going to mean more SUPER EARLY morning runs (like they aren't already early ENOUGH) and more treadmill running. Boo. Not to mention that I have to get my 3 kids up and out the door as well!
ReplyDeleteI just want to get healthy for August and kick this calf strain.
I love your dog! Good luck with the half this weekend, I know you can PR!
ReplyDeleteI miss the days when my life was in sync with the school year's calendar! My schedule doesn't change at all, but the bus gets more crowded with all the eager students ;-) When I was a student, I always loved the start of the school year, though as I got older, I loved it less because my classes became so difficult that it was tough to say good-bye to summer.
ReplyDeleteI think I might make yoga 2x/week one of my August goals too! I like that idea.
love that you are willing to go after a PR regardless of the weather!! that's right you are strong and can do it!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how fast this summer has gone! I blinked and it is August and people are shopping for back to school stuff. Just insane. Seems like it was just Memorial Day!
ReplyDeleteMy goal for August is to continue to get faster and be a stronger runner. The run club is definitely helping!