| Halloween 2005 as Cleopatra |
-Maintain my food journal every day. I did pretty well with this. I missed one weekend earlier in the month, but I managed to jot things down and log them later while I was at the conference, so I consider this one a win.
-Be active for at least 30 minutes at least 5 days each week. Other than the week that I was sick, I at least did yoga, walking, and biking that added up to 30 minutes at least five times a week. I'm hoping to build on this to get back into regular running next month, but more on that later.
-Try at least one new healthy recipe and do a food post. I did this. I also made a number of favorite, healthy recipes, including a hearty chili and a potato leek soup that I didn't blog.
| Halloween 2008 as Inigo Montoya |
-Finish writing and present a conference paper. Yep. I was pleased with how this paper turned out and got some good feedback and questions when I presented it. The next stage will be some continued research and expanding this into an article.
-Make progress on revising an article for publication. This one has to go into the books as a fail. I was doing a good job of logging a couple of hours of week of work on this during the first half of the month, but then I dropped the ball when I got ill, so I haven't looked at the article manuscript for over two weeks.
- Look into funding opportunities for a summer trip to the archives. Done. I applied for one grant and made a list of a couple of others that I'll be applying for in the near future.
| Halloween 2010 as one of about 200 black cats running a 5K |
How was your October? Will you be partaking in candy today? Happy Halloween!
nice month! i haven't tallied my stats for october yet. hard to believe another month has come to a close!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed with how clearly you articulated your goals and then actually followed through and evaluated your progress. When I saw you do this last month, I determined I'd do the same, but, well . . . . I'm still hoping to get to such an evaluation of the goals I laid out (not as clearly as you did) way back in early to mid-September. You're an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteHappy Halloween! I hope you got to go somewhere fun for your conference.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a worthwhile conference. And a good month overall---props for still getting the workouts in while sick!
ReplyDeleteThis has been one of my busiest Octobers and I won't catch up until Thanksgiving week, at this point. Three more weeks, three more weeks...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the conference was such a success!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me that I'm blogging for goal setting and MEETING and not just narcism.
ReplyDeleteUmm, October was a total blur. I know I did stuff, but I've already forgotten what. I'm glad the conference went well and you got in some good runs!
ReplyDeleteHow cute are you!?!
ReplyDeleteYour cat costume comment made me think of the saying, "Like trying to heard cats!"
Oh my gosh, I LOVE your Inigo Montoya costume! And is that the Man in Black? I am totally going to copy you someday. When I dress up, which is pretty much never. You are so creative! And that is one of my favorite movies of all time! Looks like you had a busy October and if you look at it, you really DID get a lot done! I say it's a WIN!
ReplyDeleteYes! M and I went as The Man in Black and Inigo Montoya a few years ago. I think it was pretty much the best Halloween ever - it was definitely my favorite costume ever!
ReplyDeleteYup I think I may have to agree with you. Best. Costume. EVER.
ReplyDelete