Sunday, December 18, 2011

HBBC Log Week 4 and Forerunner 405 Update

This week was not my best week on the challenge. I was doing a writing workshop that lasted 3 days and disrupted my regular schedule in a few ways, including the times that I tend to eat and what I tend to eat. Still, it wasn't a total loss and I earned 20 points.

December 10: 6 points.
- I ran 4 miles.
- I walked 15 minutes.
- I did 15 minutes of stretching.
- I ate 7 servings of fruits and vegetables.

December 11: 0 points.

December 12: 4 points.
- I ran 3 miles.
- I did 20 minutes of yoga.

December 13: 1 point.
- I did 20 minutes of walking.

December 14: 4 points.
- I did 20 minutes of walking.
- I ran 2.5 miles.
- I did 15 minutes of yoga.

December 15: 2 points.
- I did 20 minutes of walking.
- I ate 7 servings of fruits and vegetables.

December 16: 3 points.
- I ran 2.5 miles.
- I walked 10 minutes.

In other news, it worked out easiest for me to return my 405 to amazon, and I purchased a new one in black (at a slightly cheaper price). I took it for a little test run on Friday morning and it seemed to work fine. Hopefully, this one isn't buggy like its predecessor and we will have many runs together. I'm taking it with me to Louisiana this week and plan to get in at least four runs while I'm there. Frankly, I can't think of a better gift to give myself than a run on Christmas day unless it was the sports watch that I'll be wearing when I run.

What are you up to in this penultimate week before Christmas? Are you done with your shopping? Most importantly, do potatoes count as vegetables under HBBC? Chanukah starts Tuesday night and no doubt I will consume many latkes.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got your Garmin situation worked out.  What a pain in the butt.

    I finished shopping yesterday!  HALLELUJAH!  Now I just gotta wrap all the damn things.  Oh, and I guess I should put the tree up.  :/  Procrastinate much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Amazon took care of you!  I think we finally figured out what to buy people this morning, so now we just have to do it, but luckily, none of it comes from a mall!  And umm, fry the latkes in veggie oil so then they are a veggie for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, latkes! I think sadly they may not count! ; )

    Enjoy the new Garmin and your runs on the road...always makes the most of a trip that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas shopping, firing the kiln (alternative to Christmas shopping), cleaning the car for the long drive north, and wrapping presents and pottery. Grades are done! Yee ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am done with my shopping - except I might try to find an outfit for my youngest nephew.  Everything else is wrapped and under the tree! 

    I would count potatoes as a vegetable!  :)  But i say that because I eat so many of them, I need them to be a vegetable to get even close to 7 servings a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cortney @ Nerd on the RunDecember 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM

    I found your blog from the HBBC Spreadsheet. Yes I'm a grad student that should be working instead. :) I too just bought a Forerunner 405 in black off of Amazon, but couldn't find your post about what went wrong with it. I've only used mine once but so far am in love. 

    You have a fun list of races you've done. I'm from the Youngstown, OH area and the Akron half marathon was my first, this past September. It was a great experience. How did you like the Columbus area ones?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first 405 just froze on a run (I had it for less than 2 weeks) and resetting and factory resetting did nothing. Garmin could only offer me an exchange under warranty, so I returned it to Amazon.

    The Columbus Marathon was my first full and it was a great experience. I had mixed feelings about some of the other races that I did in C-bus. 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.