To celebrate Valentine's Day -- or alternatively El Día del Amor y la Amistad -- I'm drinking coffee out of a pink elephant mug with hearts on it, letting Bailey have an extra Milkbone, wearing red and pink, lecturing to one of my classes about Bad Romance in the Middle Ages (it's like a Lady Gaga video that's set in the twelfth century featuring feudalism, secret marriage, scholasticism, and castration), and eating sugary confections. Candy Hearts shall be broken and consumed today.
 |
| Shirt - ???, Skirt - J. Crew (thrifted), Blazer - H&M, Tights - We Love Colors, Scarf - from another shirt, Boots - Ugg |
I hope your day is full of love and friendship - or at least coffee and chocolate. Thanks for reading, friends. I really do ♥ you.
Sounds like a fabulous lecture for Valentine's Day. Your students are very lucky!
ReplyDeleteAw, happy V-Day to you and yours!
ReplyDeleteOoh coffee and chocolate. Good plan. Happy Valentine's Day! Love the red and pink.
ReplyDeleteHappy VD (yes, I know how that reads but it's too late to stop saying it now)! I love that red thrifted skirt. I really need to hit up my local Savers soon. And please tell me there's some Abelard and Heloise in that lecture...although it sounds like there must be.
ReplyDeleteCourtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com
But of course! We looked at some excerpts from their letters.
DeleteI love the scarf/tie with the red skirt. I will plagiarize this look asap.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet your students love you! Nice job with all of the little Valentine's touches. Fun!
ReplyDeleteI love how you have a Valentines themed lecture. Bailey is absolutely adorable. My dog, Thor, also got an extra milk bone today, I'm not sure he is aware though, he consumed it in approximately 0.03 seconds. I also love your scarf/tie and will probably also steal it at my earliest convenience.
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day! Love the outfit - and the subject of your lecture. I would love to attend one of your classes some day. :)
ReplyDeleteI rocked a pink shirt today and professed my love of Valentine's day to all of my grumpy, cynical male co-workers!
We heart you too!
ReplyDeleteOh, I would have loved to hear the lecture on bad romance. And I like your interpretation of VD as a little extra generosity. The hair do is catching my eye all of a sudden. Is that new or am I just slow to notice?
ReplyDeleteI got this cut in early January. I think it's just grown out a bit and that's make it look a bit different.
DeleteI love your Professor Valentine look! Even though I was an anti-V-day snot in college you would have put such a smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteoh, and wasn't there a whole thing about kidnapping girls as a form of courtship?!
ReplyDeleteI love this blazer to death- I can't believe you thrifted it! I can only dream of the day I will find thrifted J Crew in Canada...(ok, not true, there was a pretty sundress last weekend, but they wanted 25$ for it, among a rack of 4$ dresses)
Oh, don't you look all festive for V-day!
ReplyDeleteRaquelita, will you be my valentine? :-)
ReplyDeleteI totally did not realize your tie is a scarf! It looks terrific with the blazer.
What a great outfit, I love the red skirt and blazer combo!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well my dear!
Great skirt! I hope you had a great Valentines day!
ReplyDeleteDogs always help an outfit.
ReplyDelete