| Japanese Tea Gardens in San Antonio - one of my few 365 photos from March |
1. Run 75 Miles. Not quite. I ran 60 miles in March -- the most I've run in a month since September.
2. Do more yoga. Not really. I did some short practices, but I still haven't managed to make yoga the priority that I would like to.
3. Maintain my food journal every day. Almost. I missed a few days when I was traveling, but I overall I did a good job with this goal.
Writing/Professional Goals
1. Finish modernizing the other primary source text. Nope. I am about 50% finished. I might have actually finished if I had not realized at the beginning of this week that I deadline I thought was at the end of April was at the beginning. *sigh*
2. Write the public lecture I was giving. I gave a public lecture and taught a workshop at a college in the Boston area this month. Both were incredibly successful events - at least from my point of view. I was really happy with how this turned out.
3. Make progress on my book proposal. I did make progress here, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. I had hoped to finish my chapter outlines, but I'm not quite there.
Miscellaneous Goals
1. Take a photo every day for my 365 project. Massive fail on this goal. I fell off my 365 wagon early in the month and never really got myself back on. I'm resetting and making this goal a priority in April.
2. Clean out my writing desk. Success. I cleaned out my desk and have been using it some for modernizing and grading. Cleaning it out also enables me to put a file box on top of it so that I can alternate standing and sitting while I work downstairs.
While I would have liked to have made more progress on my writing goals and run a few more miles in the month of March, I am taking away a number of positives from the month: a new job, my eighth half-marathon, my first invited public lecture, seeing family and friends, celebrating my birthday, planning research trips to Madrid and New York for the summer, and the return of Mad Men.
How was your March? Did you run in any new or different places? Run or sign up for any races? Achieve a career milestone?
It's funny because when I see what you have done, I see it as a lot! And a success! I mean, 60 miles a month is great! And like you said, you traveled, you got a NEW JOB, you have not one but TWO research trips. I am wishing I was in your shoes! Now, the grading on the other hand, you can keep that... Anyway, it sounds like you had a great month! You are going to be pretty darn busy for the next several as well!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm tired just reading that! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou had quite a few major accomplishments packed into the past few weeks.
My March: I ran the NOLA half (hadn't run that race before), signed up for my first trail race in 5 years (next month), and my career is in a state of frenetic homeostasis at the moment. I did find out that I'm not going to have the funds to travel to a conference in Sweden. (Boo!) But I can try again next year.
Wow, you packed a lot into miles. Given all you did, I think 60 miles is awesome. It's tough to keep up the mileage on top of everything else going on in your life. I am glad March was such an momentous month for you, though!
ReplyDeleteAnd that Japanese Tea Garden pic is beautiful! I never would have guessed that was taken in San Antonio!
You are so disciplined -- impressive! Already into April, I'm scribbling down to-do's frantically. . . and I've got to squeeze some garden time alongside that marking.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get back on track with your 365 project. I just started mine and it's harder than I thought it would be!
ReplyDelete