On Saturday, I got in a run in a 6 mile run in the morning. I ran from my in-laws to a nearby cemetery and did a few miles in there before heading back. It was a bright and crisp morning, and I saw lots of other runners out doing their thing. During the afternoon, we spent some time down in the Distillery District. I had a beer at the Mill Street Brewery, a coffee at Balzac, and picked up some Easter chocolate at Soma. It was a little surreal to be back in the Distillery District with my spouse's sister, her husband, and their kid because the last time we were there was for the jack & jill social that they had the night before their wedding almost three years ago.
![]() |
| My older niblet. She, too, likes to run! |
Did you do anything special to celebrate Pesach or Easter this past weekend?



We just kicked back this weekend. Felt a bit odd being on our own after so many years hosting Easter Egg hunts and cooking big meals, but not so odd we couldn't enjoy it. Wonderful spring weather, some gardening, some mystery-reading, even a bit of marking at a pleasant pace. Our classes are over for the term now -- I think we started before you?
ReplyDeleteI've never been to Toronto, but have heard that it's beautiful! I am glad you had a good time with your family! That niece is a cutie!
ReplyDeleteI had dinner with my family on Saturday night and then went out for brunch and bottomless mimosas with my roommate on Sunday. It was a great weekend!
Looks like a perfect weekend away! We just stayed at home and had family over but it was nice as well and forced us to catch up on house chores!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, your niece is beautiful! What a doll! I love all ages, of course, but I do think they just get better and better as they get older. :)
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was a whirlwind as well, but so much fun! It was so good to see family and I, too, returned rejuvenated.
A weekend in Toronto sounds nice.
ReplyDeleteWe stayed home. Good Friday and Easter morning services and a ham dinner were the extent of our celebrations.
Oh, how wonderful! I've never been to Toronto and have wanted to visit for a long, long time. I'm glad to hear it's one of your favorite cities--that makes me want to visit even more :-)
ReplyDeleteI had a really nice weekend. I did no work, spent some time shopping at Plato's Closet and patio-sitting with a friend, went for a great run, and cooked up a storm. After many, many weeks of working on my grants, it was glorious to have no revisions to complete. {Freedom!}
PS The niblet? She is too cute!
ReplyDeleteI love Toronto so very much. It is neon my favorite cities. And your niece is too precious!
ReplyDelete