Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Thankful Interlude

I imagine that many of my American readers will be spending much of the rest of this week in Thanksgiving mode. As for myself, I imagine I will spend the better part of the next few days resting, feasting, and giving thanks. I feel very lucky to have a loving family - including my awesome partner, my thriving nieces, and a silly dog. I am thankful for my many wonderful friends who live in Madrid and the Midwest and the East Coast and the West Coast and Amsterdam and India. Happily, I also can now say that I have friends in Alaska, too. I'm grateful for the job that has brought me to this majestic if strange place. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunities over the past year to travel to Louisiana, Chicago, San Antonio, Toronto, Boston, Columbus, Madrid, Madison, New York, South Dakota, and Cincinnati. I continue to feel lucky that we made the drive here a few months ago without incident. I'm thankful for the house that we purchased and the home that we are turning it into slowly but surely. I'm thankful for running without injury this fall and for my treadmill.
Bailey's antics


Running along the Chicago Lakefront
A meal with dear friends in Madrid
Our house and home
Driving into Alaska
We've been invited to a Thanksgiving meal tomorrow evening at the home of some new friends, and we're planning to do a small-scale version of dinner for just the two of us on Friday. While I plan to get some work done, spend some time on my yoga mat, and log a few miles between now and next Monday, I am ready for a mini-hibernation of sorts. I'll be taking the rest of the week off from blogging.

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a many things for which to be thankful right now. 

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! You have had many adventures this year! That last photo is just stunning! I am glad you have friends to share the holiday with in Alaska!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving! Love the Madrid photo, looks like a neat place, and that Alaska photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mini-hibernation sounds fantastic. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving! What a year you've had. . . time for some hibernation indeed. Have a restful little break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! That photo of driving into Alaska is incredible. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy the beautiful scenery and have some wonderful relaxing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
    (That photo from Madrid is beautiful. I love the colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had an incredible, memorable year, friend. Happy belated Thanksgiving, and cheers to a good December and a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting! I love hearing from readers and other bloggers! As an academic and a writer, feedback means a lot to me, so I try to return every comment that I get.