| Looking forward to being back in NYC! |
| Week | Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday |
| 1 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 3 mi | Rest | 4 mi | 3 mi | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 10 mi LSD |
| 2 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 4 mi | Rest | 4 mi | 3 mi | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 12 mi LSD |
| 3 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 4 mi | Rest | 5 mi | 3 mi | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 13 mi LSD |
| 4 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 5 mi | Rest | 4 mi | 3 mi | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 12 mi LSD |
| 5 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 5 mi | Rest | 5 mi | 3 mi | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 15 mi LSD |
| 6 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 4 mi | Rest | 4 mi | 3 mi | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 9 mi LSD |
| 7 | 30 m walk +/ yoga | 3 mi | Rest | 3 mi | Rest | Rest | Vancouver Half- Marathon |
Again, I plan to work in speedwork on Thursdays and to hopefully run outside at least once a week if possible. Right now it's particularly treacherous as we've been having daily melting and refreezing so a lot of surfaces are slicker than glass right now, so I'm erring on the side of caution. I'd prefer to avoid breaking a leg or bruising my ass if possible.
In other, semi-related news I have decided to quit using the online journaling system I was (not actually recently) using and to join a friend of mine in her quest to lose some weight with Weight Watchers Online. I joined it on Monday. I had been considering doing this for a few weeks in spite of my feelings about the antifeminist tendencies of dieting and the dieting industry. And to be honest I don't really care about the number on the scale -- although it is higher than it has been in years, even higher than right after I'd finished my dissertation -- so much, but I am really bummed that I have found that I can't fit into most of my pants and some of my skirts right now or at least not comfortably. I'd like to remedy that. I'd also like to feel a little lighter on my feet while I'm running as I think that might help me to speed back up to my PR times from 2009.
Without asking you to become the food police, readers, what are your thoughts on keeping myself accountable with the program here?
Can't blame you for wanting to avoid the ice out there!
ReplyDeleteI say whatever helps you with the accountability, do it. If that means Weight Watchers or blogging about it, or keeping a food journal. The key is finding what works for you.
I think that wanting to lose weight to fit back into your old clothes is a kind of thoughtful consumerism: you bought those clothes and want to be able to enjoy them! I think of the dieting industry as an INDUSTRY that is peddling its goods and services, and I think the best practice with anybody who is selling something is to buy what you like and don't buy the hype or psychological manipulations. WW has a long history of helping people with their goals--I see nothing wrong with using their services to help you reach yours :-) Good luck, and happy running! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks for the support, friend! I guess I feel like a feminist ultimately can make a choice to diet, but that dieting isn't particularly a feminist choice. I had success with WW a number of years ago in college, so I know it can work. I'm optimistic that it will help me to get back into some of my clothes before too long. Thanks for the good luck wishes!
DeleteYour plan looks good to me! As for weight loss, I agree with Miss Zippy, whatever you think would work for you. Best of luck! And happy belated birthday!!
ReplyDeleteI just read a few posts in a row. A few things:
ReplyDelete1. I didn't know you could use the word ennui in English. I'm forever using French words in English that apparently aren't acceptable.
2. I used to (and likely will again, soon) use SparkPeople.com to help lose weight. I'm a big fan. It's about accountability. And clothes fitting.
3. Happy birthday!
4. I'm glad you're feeling good about the switch to the half. Sounds like it was a good call. I need for this semester to end already.
I know what you mean about the pants; I think it's a winter thing. It's not a sin to diet, even though it has become a little bit (badly) trendy and overblown by the media. You just want to feel better in your own skin (and pants)! No problem there! I use Lose It to track my food, just to keep myself accountable. It's amazing how just knowing how many calories is in a serving helps. Not that I don't eat what I like, but I eat less of it. I often snack out of boredom or give into cravings even when I am not hungry. You just have to figure out where your weakness is and pinpoint that. But it definitely helps me to SEE what I ate and therefore analyze where changes can be made. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI think it's totally ok to use this space to keep yourself accountable for sticking with WW! We all do that with running, so why not with a healthy eating conquest. I did WW back in 2009 and had a great experience with that program. It was good for an anal person like me as I tracked EVERYTHING and learned how out of whack my portions were! I am excited to see how this 1/2 goes for you. It is such a beautiful course so I know you'll have a great time!
ReplyDelete